Norcold 1210 not cooling

Redrider007

My 1210 suddenly stopped cooling 100%. The freezer gets cold as well as frig but not below 50. Before this it would get to 32 degrees on level 1. I unplugged thermistor and replaced and unplugged and it’s not cooling down. I have added several fans inside and out which had it working great until now. I have no error codes, no yellow residue and have tried on ac and lp. Not sure what to do next.

danemayer

If the freezer is cooling normally, check the door flap and seals for the refrigerator compartment. If the flap doesn't close, warm air will come in. Same if seals are not sealing.

Redrider007

If the freezer is cooling normally, check the door flap and seals for the refrigerator compartment. If the flap doesn't close, warm air will come in. Same if seals are not sealing.
I wish it was that easy! Freezer has dropped a bit in temp as well.

Redrider007

Just an update- Turned frig off for two days and now working as before. Temp set #2 and frig at 32 degrees. I did originally change thermistor with no change then unplugged it altogether. Bought another thermistor and installed and working fine. So not sure if there was a bubble in the ammonia system(no clue about this). Can’t really see it being the thermistor since I changed twice and unplugged it.
Temps outside have been low 80s at best and it worked fine in the low 90s still at a 1 or 2 setting. I do have a total of 9 fans lol. There is a 5 fan device inside, I did two on the upper vent to draw air and one bottom vent to push up. This was all because one stock fan failed and was done about 6 months ago.
We have been living in RV for past 16 months while house is being built and only moved once 8n that time. Been stationary since May.

Yiquan

I read somewhere that you need to defrost these types of unit every 2 months, my 1210 was giving me a lot of trouble after putting fairly hot chicken in it to cool.
No codes, but noticed ice on upper rear freezer plates.
Removing ice did not help, I emptied everything, turned off and dried out top and bottom of all moisture.
Turned back on and put on AC and kevel 9 setting for 12 hours and working great again, O and cleaned contacts of bracket where sensor attaches in fridge and hits door seals with hair dryer to reset memory foam.

Update ..a couple of months later, These units must have some goofy programing on circuit board, when it starts warming up I turn off power for a small amount of time and then back on with temp set to 9, starts cooling again, I have been doing this for awhile and has worked. Then it didn't work, went through everything, no issues ... all systems checked out fine, turned off far a day no go then turned off and ponded on inside of freezer to try to knock something loose in this ammonia setup it uses, turned back on and it got cold again. I had also replaced thermistor, was no different and same ohm reading as old one. It seems like the way this thing cycles on and off is the problem, has anyone had better luck running unit in thermistor bypass mode?

Last edited: