Norcold 2118 door flap condensation

NHCelt

Hi all. My Norcold 2118 door flapper is cold to the touch, causing condensation and dripping water into the floor in front of the fridge.

I've ohmed the flapper assembly and it seems to have the proper resistance but I'm not sure of the next steps to determine if it is getting 12 volts or how to isolate where the issue lies.
...any experience out there with fixing this issue?

I'm on the road with a fridge full of food so I don't want to cause more issues than I have by sticking my probes where they don't belong

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Is the flap closing tightly? The flap “catches” on the bottom of the door opening and allows warm air penetration thus the condensation. This tends to be an issue with this model.
I added a nylon washer to the bottom left door pin which raises the door enough so the flap closes freely.

NHCelt

Is the flap closing tightly? The flap “catches” on the bottom of the door opening and allows warm air penetration thus the condensation. This tends to be an issue with this model.
I added a nylon washer to the bottom left door pin which raises the door enough so the flap closes freely.
Yep...done that, fixed the leaky drain pan and hose.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

rhodies1

On the inside edge of the flapper , look and see if there is a connector with 3 wires . 2 white and one green, if one of these has broken away from the connector your flap will not get warm. This tends to happen over time as the flapper bends back and forth for closure. This will cause the wires to beak. I have had this happen a couple of times. Peel the wire back and reinsert into the connector. You cannot re solder it into the connector.. you can use Crazy or Gorilla glue to hold the wire into the connector . Hopefully this helps .

rhodies1

You cannot just buy the connector as I was informed. The wires run through the door out to the flapper. You must buy brew door do hopefully you can repair if it is a broken wire.