Norcold stopped cooling on AC

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Our Norcold 1210 quit cooling on AC. The interior of the fridge is staying cool and the freezer will not freeze anything. It is not showing any codes on the front readout. I can confirm that the cooling fans are working. I can also confirm that the little red light behind the exterior access panel is on. When I switch it over to LP it fires right up and the fans are working as well. Where should I look first to figure this out? I am guessing there is an element somewhere that functions like the flame when on propane but I have zero ideas where that is or what it looks like or how to check it.

I have not had the time to leave it running on gas at this time to see if the temps come down to normal.

Help me my beer is getting warmish!

danemayer

Hi Mike,

You really need to run it on LP long enough to find out if it's working properly. If it is, you have a problem with the electric element, or a fuse, or a control board. If not, you have a more general problem with thermistor, control board, or cooling unit.

There's no point guessing. Run it on LP for at least 4-6 hours to see what's happening.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Hi Mike,

You really need to run it on LP long enough to find out if it's working properly. If it is, you have a problem with the electric element, or a fuse, or a control board. If not, you have a more general problem with thermistor, control board, or cooling unit.

There's no point guessing. Run it on LP for at least 4-6 hours to see what's happening.

Thank you Dan, I kinda figured it would be a hurry up and wait situation. I was hoping though that there was something I could check in the meantime. We are getting ready to get back out on the road tomorrow so I guess it figures this would happen today...

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
It is not cooling down on gas either although for the last 5 hours the burner has been running constantly. I disconnected the temp sensor? that is connected to the interior fridge light, heard some clicking and I guess we will see if it is that part or not. The fans are still running so I guess then the fridge is running on AC now? I wish I knew more about these dual fridges.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Update:

We arrived in North Platte NE yesterday and after asking the front desk if they had an RV mobile repair service available he showed up a couple of hours later. We had asked if he could come the next day. He checked out the fridge, voltage this and amp that and determined that our fridge had gone on a 3+ day defrost cycle. I am not sure how that could be, but either way it is operating normally again.

avvidclif

I know mine decided to not cool also. I started shopping for a replacement regular fridge and checking pricing on a replacement cooling unit. It was off about 2 weeks and in that time we went camping. I used it as a $3k pantry and put a dorm fridge in for our perishables. I guess it got scared or the ride while we were traveling and it was off shook something loose. Any way it has been running perfectly for abt a year now. I do know just sitting didn't help but the traveling did. ??????

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I know mine decided to not cool also. I started shopping for a replacement regular fridge and checking pricing on a replacement cooling unit. It was off about 2 weeks and in that time we went camping. I used it as a $3k pantry and put a dorm fridge in for our perishables. I guess it got scared or the ride while we were traveling and it was off shook something loose. Any way it has been running perfectly for abt a year now. I do know just sitting didn't help but the traveling did. ??????

I wonder about the traveling as well. We just made a trip from KY to NE and faced some of the worst roads we have ever been on. Our shower door shattered because of one or more. Maybe our fridge just needed the same jolt to get back with the program?