Not a Heartland, but man what a floor plan.

CarterKraft

The Solitude 374TH-R
Solitude-374TH-111016.png

Solitude374thGarage2.gif

This seems to be a cross between the Hidden Garage Torque and a Regular Fiver.

For my family this would be awesome. I don't need a full blown 13' garage just a place for bikes, golf cart etc.

Competition breeds innovation and I like this direction.

Not trying to promote SOB, delete/move if I have violated any rules.

danemayer

It's clever, but appears to come with compromises.

Guessing it's around 13' high and the underbelly is 24" like most rigs. A/C shroud around 12". That leaves 10' for interior space, including thickness of floors and ceiling.

So the ceiling in the bedroom must be around 5' high. And I don't see a step between bathroom level and bedroom, so if the floor in the bathroom is the same level as in the bedroom, I'd guess the bathroom also has a low ceiling. I suppose if the overall height was 13'6", the interior might be 5'6".

Innovative, but I'm guessing it's pretty cramped for most people.

Solitude measurements.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Friends of ours left HL for one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

Their website gallery sure makes it look like adequate headroom in the bedroom. The duct design is interesting, as well.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We went in this at the RV show, and ceiling is low, bath is small. But if hauling small toys or extra storage is important without a toy hauler feel, this is definitely an interesting plan. I did not see the GVWR.

Pics
ac80ce1f07c4abed970c0b0cb6d6160a.jpg
b7b10d8ce6d7c4d22d5a30cb3aea2aa6.jpg
556a442c18b28f4f4858db71b3631d44.jpg
96a7483c3fbd64ed81f3237537923eb4.jpg

justafordguy

We looked at one at the big RV show in Tampa this year. It's a cool layout and the headroom in the bedroom is at least 6.5'. I'm 6'-2" and if felt fine to me.

Hogladyrider

We also looked at this at the Tampa RV show in January 16. While it is nice, I truly felt that Gary would not be happy with such a small "man cave" space and I'm not sure just how much walkaround room there would be in the "garage" with our Gold Wing loaded in there.

We opted for a new Cyclone 3611JS and we love it. When the bike is out of the garage we have plenty of room. We have installed a TV in the garage and we spend a lot of time on the rear patio.........morning coffee and evening happy hour, our private porch!

We live full time in our Cyclone and while it was initially an adjust for me to downsize kitchen space wise from our Big Horn Front Bath, after 7 months I would never go back to bigger, would even consider smaller if need be. We love the slide in a slide it really creates a great living space area and the TV is directly across from the seating.

Susan

Aandaar

When we bought our 3970 this one was the runner up. If we could have gotten full body paint and the show salesman had not been an &$@wipe we would have been on a different forum.

danemayer

We looked at one at the big RV show in Tampa this year. It's a cool layout and the headroom in the bedroom is at least 6.5'. I'm 6'-2" and if felt fine to me.

If the bedroom height is 6'5", then I guess the garage must be lower than it looks in the photo.

AAdams

Guessing it's around 13' high and the underbelly is 24" like most rigs. A/C shroud around 12". That leaves 10' for interior space, including thickness of floors and ceiling.

So the ceiling in the bedroom must be around 5' high. And I don't see a step between bathroom level and bedroom, so if the floor in the bathroom is the same level as in the bedroom, I'd guess the bathroom also has a low ceiling. I suppose if the overall height was 13'6", the interior might be 5'6".

View attachment 48764

I think you are correct to a point Dan. It would be 5' 6" less the mattress thickness above the bed, not the entire bedroom. The BH 3750 FL has pass through storage under the rear bedroom and storage under the bed. So not not much difference above the bed.

The concept is nice, but for Full Timing you are giving up a whole lot of storage in the bedroom for cloths and personal items.

CarterKraft

Good points, I think the floor is actually more like the Teal line I added.

th.jpg

For us, we don't full time and have two little(ish) kids. The garage of the toy hauler is there room. So it must be cleared of all BS once setup. Obviously we don't have a giant basement like the Cyclones or Road warriors so much of the camping/cooking gear is in the garage. When we do need the garage for toys it's only dirt bikes. They don't take up much room so I could get 4 in there I think. Even loaded with toys you would never even need to open the rear door if you didn't want to.

I guess what I am saying is the Hidden Garage in the Torque was innovative but missed the mark for me for ultimate usefulness. This floor plan however is a cross over and much more appealing. The lack of a large step down basement is a bummer in a 5er floor plan, not sure why they left that out. Rear outdoor kitchen is pretty slick too. I have been looking at doing something similar to mine, I just haven't got the stones yet to carry it out.

brianlajoie

We have been in this model at a show here in Denver. The bed is fixed with no ability to store underneath. The bedroom also felt smaller than other models. This model shares a issue that we have with the HL rear bedroom models: you feel like you are always going up stairs. We know one couple that traded their rear bedroom in because they had difficulty adjusting to the 2 sets on interior stairs.

SNOKING

I thought this XLR AMP 385 floor plan was pretty neat. I do not think they made that many. King size Murphy bed in garage slide. French Doors with curtains available for back of garage. Kinda like a seniors tow hauler vs a family of 6 or 8.

385AMP_zps6326fe27.jpg

kkamshop

I can't figure out why all of those front living room layouts always have 3 seating areas. Why not replace on of the side sofas with a desk/craft/office space?

The mini garage would work for lots of folks I think.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't figure out why all of those front living room layouts always have 3 seating areas. Why not replace on of the side sofas with a desk/craft/office space?
K, the floor of those slides are not level with the coach main floor and are elevated, so most likely would not be usable as a desk or work station.
JMO

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Short lived concept. I thought this was one of the best designed toy haulers for the RV'er that doesn't need to haul two bikes.
Neat thing about this RV over others is you do not have to unload the garage to use the space.

There are many times that our garage is not unloaded and for those times the rest of the rig is small, 24-25' of space gets eaten up quickly with the rest of the living area.

http://vogeltalksrving.com/2014/09/lifestyle-luxury-rv-introduces-side-hauler-fifth-wheel/

Lifestyle_side_hauler.jpg.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Short lived concept. I thought this was one of the best designed toy haulers for the RV'er that doesn't need to haul two bikes.
Neat thing about this RV over others is you do not have to unload the garage to use the space.

There are many times that our garage is not unloaded and for those times the rest of the rig is small, 24-25' of space gets eaten up quickly with the rest of the living area.

http://vogeltalksrving.com/2014/09/lifestyle-luxury-rv-introduces-side-hauler-fifth-wheel/

View attachment 48784.

We saw this plan as well, and we don't have a toy-- but it can be set up without the toy wench and make a nice little office.