Oakmont 345 RS Dual Satellite Receiver Hookup

I have a 2016 345 RS and I am thinking about putting in Satellite with a dual antennae and 2 receivers. Has anyone did this or does anyone have the coax schematic for the 345 RS

wdk450

I didn't see any Oakmont coax layouts in the library, accessed by the "Tools" tab at the top of any forum page, then "Manuals", and "Coax Layouts".

I would call Heartland service with your VIN at the ready. If they supply you with a coax layout document, would you forward a copy to the forum moderators?

BTW, I run a Dish Network VIP722 dual tuner satellite receiver, which only needs 1 dish antenna input.

UPDATE: I was in contact with Heartland and they sent me the schematic for Oakmonts. The schematic is dated for 2011, but Heartland indicated that it is for all Oakmonts. The schematic indicates what Heartland brands are covered by the coax schematic. It looks like Elkridge, Prowler, Gateway, and Oakmont are covered. I have forwarded the schematic to the forums moderator for update to the liabrary.

Attachments

• Oakmont-Elkridge TV Coax Schematic.pdf
    120 KB · Views: 31

SNOKING

UPDATE: I was in contact with Heartland and they sent me the schematic for Oakmonts. The schematic is dated for 2011, but Heartland indicated that it is for all Oakmonts. The schematic indicates what Heartland brands are covered by the coax schematic. It looks like Elkridge, Prowler, Gateway, and Oakmont are covered. I have forwarded the schematic to the forums moderator for update to the liabrary.

We run the DirecTV slimline SWM antenna that can support up to 8 receivers on a single coax from the antenna LNB. I have the SWM splitter on the back side of the UDS panel with a Bedroom and living room TV(Genie/5 receivers, bedroom is a two receiver DVR), with a cable to the belly if we want to TV there some day. The LNB power inserted is in the coax lead from the LR TV to port one of the splitter. Also running Whole Home DVR Service. So we can watch recorded items from either DVR at each TV.

Chris

crussian

Hi All - checking my logic in connecting my DISH to my Oakmont. Single receiver, Wally, DISH Playmaker, 1GB external storage. When I setup the DISH and directly connected coax from DISH to receiver to TV, was all setup in less than 15 mins (less phone calls to activate). So, since I knew all the products I purchased worked to get my channels I felt pretty dang good about it.

Next step, figure out which coax connection belonged to which in the coach. Connect DISH coax to inside connection in command center. connected Wally to top location of 2 coax connections. Nothing. No Signal. Kept outside connection in original place and moved inside coax to bottom connection. Nada. Moved outside connection to second coax, kept inside connection same. Nada.

Tried the combos, nothing. I'm not sure but I'd say that I have an issue with the inside coax wiring. Just a guess. My next thought to remove panel in basement to get to internal connections, get high grade coax and pull the new coax using the old coax to pull through.

Does that sound feasible? I don't know if the cables are bundled underneath or not, or whether they are zip tied to the inner wall. Just trying to avoid having to go through a door or window to get reception. Anyone else been there?

Thanks in advance.

Cary

SNOKING

Many have found a problem with the coax connection inside the belly at the main slide. Carefully pull the coax out of the frame and check the connectors that are barreled together. And every coax end needs to be checked. Which means removed face plates and getting in behind the UDS.

Checking ends. Look carefully down into the end and make sure a shield wire strand is not wrapped around the center lead. And the connector is properly attached to cable.

It really is not a bad idea to get the tools and compression ends, and replace all the ends that meet HD picture quality.

Check this kit:

https://www.amazon.com/Crimper-Comp...8-1&keywords=tv+cable+connector+tools+and+kit

Chris

crussian

Any chance of me just buying two new sets of coax and pulling the new coax with the old coax? Concerned about the coax being stapled down or zip tied to the wall or stud.

Cary

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

wdk450

Any chance of me just buying two new sets of coax and pulling the new coax with the old coax? Concerned about the coax being stapled down or zip tied to the wall or stud.

Cary

That will be pretty difficult to do.

There was a recent thread/post about the WRONG type of connectors being put on the installed satellite coax lines in some trailers. There are white banded F connectors rated for general TV/Cable, and blue banded F connectors rated for the very high frequency, broad bandwidth needed for satellite coax cabling. Here is the thread: https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...1-used-incorrect-Barrell-connectors-on-sat-in

crussian

Thanks everyone for your tips and tricks. I leave tomorrow for Albuquerque and will arrive Monday. For now, i will have to be happy to have a cable run either through the seal on the slide or door/window. Again, thanks so much.

C&J

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I used to do satellite installs for a living. I carry all the tools needed to do the job. I offer my services to those in need. Almost 100 percent of issues with RV's are the ends and the splitter's. A couple of weeks ago our neighbors had connection issues in their motor-home. Three new connectors and a new splitter and their TVs were crystal clear and up and running.

crussian

Hi Mike- appreciate you commenting. I would never ask to impose on anyone's time during a rally. Yoo much fun and frivolity happening.

Many thanks

C&J
I used to do satellite installs for a living. I carry all the tools needed to do the job. I offer my services to those in need. Almost 100 percent of issues with RV's are the ends and the splitter's. A couple of weeks ago our neighbors had connection issues in their motor-home. Three new connectors and a new splitter and their TVs were crystal clear and up and running.