observations on new sundance 2900mk

cashb

Just returned from the shakedown cruise and thought I'd share it with the forum. First off, the decor (saddle/cherry wood) is beautifully coordinated! Better than expected! Floor,cabinets,trim,upholstery,countertops all blend and complement each other. This is NOT your ancient aunt's look! :D

Everything worked perfectly! (for the most part) AC, plumbing,toilet,micro,stove,fridge,lights,etc. So far so good! No issues to report here. A couple of trim pieces need tweaking, nothing big.

The shower faucet was installed upside down. This makes the hose come out of the top, instead of the bottom and makes it in the way.. We will correct this. :rolleyes:

After spraying down the shower walls, there was a small leak from the glass corner. Need to silicone all seams in shower.

Electric rear jacks were a plus. Easy, and seemed to make the vehicle much more stable than previous fiver.

Dual pane windows. Worth every penny! The campground was noisy and I believe they cut down on this quite a bit.

Loved the extension on the dinette! The tables are always too small, and this solved that problem. I didn't know that was added so it was a nice surprise! :)

The lighting for the most part was well thought out and placed effectively. Nice rocker switch on wall by couch to utilize lights overhead. The step lights are new to us too and a great idea. And the switches to operate all the lights in an area instead of having to individually turn them on and off.

The supplied accessories (hand towel rack, t.p. holder, toothbrush holder, etc.) were very cheap lightweight plastic, so we tossed them and bought residential style replacements ( at wal-mart).:(

Due to winterizing, all the valves had to be opened and turned on for the pump to work. Something we're not familiar with in south Florida! Hubby says the fresh water indicator showed 2/3 full when it was full. Not sure what the answer is to this. :confused:

No handle on the rounded cabinet at the end of kitchen cabinets. Had to use fingernails to open. Found the exact match at wal-mart and will install.

Nice cubbly hole beside bed (on my side :p) for book, remote, and best of all, phone and charger, with outlet supplied!

Hubby says battery box was haphazardly installed, i.e. top and bottom do not line up.

Enclosed docking station: just as reported here, needs silicone around seams to prevent leaking into cargo area.

So, in summary, we are pleased with the vehicle.. more than pleased!! It's not perfect, but it aint the space shuttle! As we camp more, I'm sure we will run across other issues, but alas, that's part of rving!

Thanks for all the info here, it helped in so many ways as we made the decision and purchace! I hope to contribute also, to help others make the best choices. Will keep you posted!

caissiel

We did add a lot of hooks, at different places. Also some in the shower above the panels to hang the wet towels

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We love our 2900MK:). Sounds like the few minor issues were easily fixed. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours.

cashb

yes, the battery disconnect is mandatory! We had it on old fiver and will install here. Also bought lots of extra hooks and have identified areas that need them. Hubby has lots to do in his not-so-much spare time.. Also bought a 32 inch Sony Bravia for living area and a 22 inch Vizio for the bedroom. Purchased the wall mount for Sony and plan to just screw down the bedroom t.v. By the way, GREAT picture on the Sony.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi cashb

Good write up on your new rig. Even had a few negatives without complaining. Thanks.

Hope you enjoy in years to come.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Great write up, we all have gone through our own little issues, but overall very happy as well.

Have fun, snowing here :(

cashb

We had a little time so we installed multiple hooks, toilet paper holder, keys ring hooks, etc. Had a spare towel bar which we didn't need, so we cut it down to a shorter length and mounted it in bedroom on side of cabinet to hang jeans over. DH is out there now, cutting out a place in the kitchen cabinet for our ice maker that we kept from our previous fiver. (most used appliance down here in the heat) Ordered 2 Lazy boy wall hugger recliners ( ordered vehicle without the rocker chairs). Headed up to Camping World to finish wish list this weekend! Life is good!!

Rrloren

Cashb, what width and model La Z Boy did you get on the recliners. I think I am going to get rid of the chairs but it looks like the recliners can't be over 32" wide. That really limits the selection.