Odd Water Color Coming from Air Conditioning

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I've noticed in the last few days that the color of the water coming from the air conditioning looks rust colored. See attached pic. Seemed odd that it would rust in such a short time. We are under trees so perhaps this is caused by organic debris on the roof and the air conditioning water is just picking it up?

Attachments

• 0904141639.jpg
    0904141639.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 74

wdk450

My condensate runoff is always crystal clear. I would vote for the organic matter theory. The AC cover is easy to take off with a screwdriver, and take some cleaning supplies with you when you go on the roof.

danemayer

Careful when taking the cover off. If insects have nested inside, you don't want to over react while on the roof.

Kbvols

My air conditioner is mounted with a slight tilt toward the back of the RV . The condensation migrates to the back past the weep holes and puddles until full enough to get to the weep holes. The puddles has caused rust in the corner. I drilled some new holes further back and has seemed to correct.

poseyjap

Hey, Im having a similar issue. My AC failed because the tilted to the rear AC unit had no drain holes at that end of the pan. 2 inch deep water with my AC coils sitting in it since new has leaked it self out of freon now. I opened it up today to find the water pooled at back and no drain holes in the low side. Going to dealer tomorrow. 2 year warranty I still about 4 months in that 2 year window. It seems so dumb to me to have this issue. Common since should have corrected at installation I would have hoped. Pop your cover off and make sure your ac coils arent sitting in water. Its a matter of time to failure if they are.
JP