off door side slide just flooded out

pnnf

Hi, Im hoping someone can help me out. i just got my 2007 landmark grand canyon home and have hooked it up. everything was fine till i turned on the water. i noticed water pouring out of the lower refrigerator vent cover. it was also pouring out the lenght of the slide out and from under the rear cap. Im assuming the water just ran the lenght of the slide and kept going out the rear wall. the onlly water connections are the kitchern sink and the ice maker. so i thin its the ice maker line. before i saw this leak i was inside checking the faucets and the cold side in the lav and the shower were good but the hot side was not. when i went outside to check on things is when i noticed the leak. i dont know what im looking at from the basement so im getting ready to cut and take down some of the belly material to see if i see a water line going to the fridge. its the only place i know to start. are ther shut off valves? i didnt see and thing marked on the pex manifold. i can to with out the kitchen sink and ice maker for now if i can just shut them off to get the hot water heater and bathroom fictures working. thanks for any help~

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi pnnf,

On older builds, the cutoff for the ice maker water feed line is probably behind the Universal Docking Center (UDC) where your water connections and valve pull handles are located. You'll have to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage next to the UDC to gain access.
Ice maker water feed line cutoff.jpg

If the water hasn't been evacuated from the water feed line and other ice maker components, and the rig has been exposed to sub-freezing temperatures, the poly water feed line has likely split from freeze damage. You could also have damage to the solenoid or lines on the back of the refrigerator too.

If you need information on winterizing, our Winterization Guide includes information and pictures that you may find helpful.

RDsStudio59

I think you need to look at the back side of the water heater and make sure the valves on the bypass are in the correct position. And I agree that the water line to the refrigerator way well be the culprit. Check the connections at the sink faucet as well. Sometimes they get lose too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Perhaps I'm misreading this, but you said the cold water faucets were working fine but the hot was not. You might want to take down the basement wall and make sure your water heater connections aren't leaking.

pnnf

Thank you all for the help. I did find the water heater bypass valves (3) and they were off. So I turned them on and now have water coming out of the hot side of the faucets. My work around for the water leak was to go out to the pex manifold and only tun on the bathroom sink , shower and toilet ( and of course the mains). I now have the water on to everything except the kitchen and outside showers. I am happy to report there is no leak. Im sure it has to be the cold water feed to the kitchen faucet. Im going to save that for a later day and just make coffee from the kitchen sink :) Ill let you all know what happens and how it goes, maybe it will be of help to another one day.

My project right now is to find out how to get the water heater to run on propane. The hot water is only lukewarm so im guessing the element needs changing but just so i can get a hot shower tonight ill run it on propane for awhile. I cant find a switch anywhere to change over to the propane if anyone know how id be grateful.

thanks again for the replies

danemayer

Thank you all for the help. I did find the water heater bypass valves (3) and they were off. So I turned them on and now have water coming out of the hot side of the faucets. My work around for the water leak was to go out to the pex manifold and only tun on the bathroom sink , shower and toilet ( and of course the mains). I now have the water on to everything except the kitchen and outside showers. I am happy to report there is no leak. Im sure it has to be the cold water feed to the kitchen faucet. Im going to save that for a later day and just make coffee from the kitchen sink :) Ill let you all know what happens and how it goes, maybe it will be of help to another one day.

My project right now is to find out how to get the water heater to run on propane. The hot water is only lukewarm so im guessing the element needs changing but just so i can get a hot shower tonight ill run it on propane for awhile. I cant find a switch anywhere to change over to the propane if anyone know how id be grateful.

thanks again for the replies

I'm not sure how a 2007 LM is set up for water heater bypass, but if you found individual bypass valves on the hot and cold lines, there's a third valve on a crossover. If you leave that open, the cold water will mix with the hot, giving you lukewarm showers.

The same can happen at the outside shower. If the knobs aren't closed, hot and cold can mix there.

As for the switch to turn on propane operation, look for a test panel for tank levels and battery level. If you have one of those, along the bottom are several switches; one for water heater propane operation.