offdoor slide keeps blowing fuse

yepuhuh

Was wondering why the slide with the fridge kept blowing fuses.
Found the problem.
At the rear end of the slide someone put metal behind the wiper seal and the wiper seal cut into the positive(12 volt) side of the wire.
I took out the piece of metal and recaulked everything plus spliced the wire back together with heat shrink butt connectors.

I thought I read on here someone shared this problem.

Hopefully the piece of sheet metal is really not needed.

What do you guys think?

Willym

I had this problem a couple of years ago and posted some pictures. The metal behind the wiper seal is there to prevent the seal being caught between the roller and the slide floor as the slide is being retracted. If this happens the seal gets torn. I recommend keeping the metal, but moving the cable if you can. My dealer relocated the cable penetration further out so that it was clear of the seal area. If you can't do this, you could try bending the metal so that no sharp edge is presented to the cable when the slide comes in. I did this as a temporary fix.

Was wondering why the slide with the fridge kept blowing fuses.
Found the problem.
At the rear end of the slide someone put metal behind the wiper seal and the wiper seal cut into the positive(12 volt) side of the wire.
I took out the piece of metal and recaulked everything plus spliced the wire back together with heat shrink butt connectors.

I thought I read on here someone shared this problem.

Hopefully the piece of sheet metal is really not needed.

What do you guys think?

DuaneG

The same thing keeps happening to our unit with our fuse blowing when the fridge is on and the slides are closed. It is still at the dealer and they can't seem to find the problem.
The wire that was cut was it from underneath and was it obvious or did you have to remove parts. I looked at every cable coming into our unit and none look cut or bad. I guess all our slides are on one circuit. They said it still blows when all three slide wires are connected but not if they are individualy connected. This is getting old.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Had the samething happen. I found the wire, taped it up and put split tube (wire cover) and a piece of rubber hose over the whole loom. Problem fixed. I still have one that happens every 4-5 months. Took out the fuse and installed a circuit breaker.....problem solved.

Willym

On my unit the cable was underneath the affected slide, towards the rear of the slide. The cable was routed through a hole in the slide floor and fairly visible. It powered up all the 12 volt devices in the slide, i.e. lighting and fridge.

The same thing keeps happening to our unit with our fuse blowing when the fridge is on and the slides are closed. It is still at the dealer and they can't seem to find the problem.
The wire that was cut was it from underneath and was it obvious or did you have to remove parts. I looked at every cable coming into our unit and none look cut or bad. I guess all our slides are on one circuit. They said it still blows when all three slide wires are connected but not if they are individualy connected. This is getting old.