OH NO I have a leak!!

MountainDon

Hello All,
I have a 2017 North Trail 21fbs, Which we bought new at the end of 2017, so we have used it a full year. The unit is stored at my house ( in Fort Collins, CO ). this last week we took her out for our first trip of the season and as we were packing up we found a lot of wetness in the front left corner of the trailer. ( it had rained quite a bit over the weekend, but nothing torrential just steady rain for part of the weekend. It seemed clear that the leaking had happened over the winter as the nightstand on that side had the laminate top nearly completely loose. We didn't see any wall damage or anything and quite frankly I was too disgusted to look at it when I parked it back at the house, so I need to pull it out this weekend and see what I can do.

My questions:

1. Has anyone had a leak like this and found the source? if so where was it?
2. It would seem the likely ( only ? ) options are along the front cap, around the top marker light, along the roof or possibly around the window ( although this is a ways from the from corner )
3. can anyone recommend a good caulk to use?
4. can anyone recommend anything that will help?

Thank you all in advance

Don

'Lil Guy'

My guess is the front cap. If you've ever walked on the roof near the cap, good chance you separated it. I would Look at all seams but 1st, I'd put 4" Eternabond tape along the roof and front cap seam as far down the side as you can. Finish with Dicor sealant. On flat roof, use the self leveling sealant and the regular sealant on the vertical runs. Good luck on your endeavor.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Definitely do what Frank said. I would bet it is leaking somewhere along the black trim molding that runs around the front where the cap attaches to the sidewall. Our BC started leaking in a couple of spots along that trim piece. Sorry this has happened to ya. You need to stay on top of inspections even in the winter time.

eddylives

We had a 2012 trail runner that had a serious leak at one or more of the marker lights across the front of the trailer when we first took possession.
The manager of our dealership had the nerve to accuse me of leaving the storage doors open all week while the trailer was parked on public land un attended.
I hope he learned to keep his opinions to himself after removing his foot from his mouth lol
( I learned from the tech that did the repairs what had actually occurred)

Chrisandsama

When we brought our camper home last August from the dealer the first thing i added was 4" eternabond to every seam on our roof, just small insurance policy against water.

MountainDon

Thanks for all the replies!!

I have ordered 50' of enternabond, some can of spay stuff to prepare the surface and some dicor

Die leak die!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Never had a roof leak, but I Eternabonded all roof seams on our 2009 BH last summer. Now, no worries about it leaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk