Oil leak on bedroom AC

dwpkdavis

Hi, while on our 2nd trip in our new 3570RS, I noticed the bedroom AC has been leaking brown fluid, feels like oil. Any ideas on what may be causing the leak?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 81

jimtoo

Hi dwpkdavis,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

From the picture it appears to be on the outside of the case. Have you taken the cover off and checked inside? Do think you could have parked under anything that may have leaked?

Jim M

rjr6150

If oil you will see a noticeable decrease in cooling or running. The compressor uses oil for lube along with any run capacitors that are in the system.

I would start by pulling the cover off and checking. My guess it isn't the compressor.

dwpkdavis

Thanks for replying. I pulled the cover and inspected. I could not find the source of the brown fluid and all looked clean except for all the brown dirt all over the inside. I ran it for several hours , and it remained cool. I am at a loss.

Might want to get it checked out, mine did the same thing and had a leak in one of lines, unit was replaced under warranty.

OBX_Raineys

Spoke to my dealer's service manager and he said that its most likely road grime , dust, etc in the cover that has gotten wet from condensation. Told me if it was compressor oil it wouldn't be cooling. It does cool well, so I guess he is right. He suggested a good roof washing a few times a year as well to prevent those from becoming black streaks along the body.