On the road... at long last!

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired
We never Rv-ed until now. We ordered our BigHorn 3585 last October. It arrived at our dealer (Lupien 2000 in Drummondville, Quebec) one month later. We ordered the Ford 350 in November, it arrived at the dealer in January. Both spent a long, cold and snowy winter at their respective dealers, as we also did, relying mostly on the Owners Forum to prepare a new life as anytimers. We took delivery of Miss Biggy in late April, spent a week at a local campground to get familiar and we hit the road one week ago for a two months trip from Montreal to Key West through the Appalachian trail, returning through the Southeast coast,
So far everything is going well. Miss Biggy and Kermit the Ford both behave very well. I discovered one problem with a recliner: a control rod wqs bent to the point of breaking, On Monday I sent an e-mail to Flair Industries asking for a replacement rod to be shipped at my daughter's in D.C. by Friday so that I she could bring it during our layover in Luray. Guess what? Flair delivered! This is the kind of service I have read so much about on this Forum.
Thanks Heartland, thanks Hearland suppliers, thanks fellow Hearland owners!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Oh Robert and Louise - I think ya'll have started a new tradition - nick-naming the coaches and trucks. Love the idea!!! If your travels brings you thru eastern Tennessee, let us know (by sending us a private message) and we'll try to meet ya somewhere. Travel safely and enjoy.