Only getting Hot/Cold water out of kitchen sink faucet. No water coming out of Toilet, Shower or bathroom sink

Crossfire

We took our 2016 Torque T30 Toy hauler out three times in the last 45 days. But ran into a problem today after setting up my trailer in an full hookup rv spot in a Fredricksburg, TX park. I am only getting hot/cold water out of my kitchen sink faucet. No water coming out of the sink, shower or toilet in the bathroom. Since we were hooked up to city water i pulled the hose from the water connection to see if I was getting good flow through the line. I also checked the pressure regulator and it showed my normal 40 PSI coming in. We looked underneath the RV and saw no water leaking underneath the trailer. So I put 5+ gallons of water in the fresh water tank, turned off the city water and tried using the water pump to pump water from my fresh water tank. The pump pressurized and stopped running as designed. Like the city water connection, I was able to get water from the fresh water tank through the kitchen sink faucet, BUT nothing at the bathroom shower, toilet or sink!

We bought the trailer in 2017 and have had zero problems with the plumbing, so I can't imagine I suddenly had a supply line in the bathroom get kinked somehow while in-transit. Leaving the possibility something got in the line and is blocking the supply line going into the bathroom

Any suggestions on how to diagnose the problem and/or other things to try?

Thank you,
Wes Conklin

danemayer

Hi Wes,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The lines to the bathroom likely tee off the main line that goes to the kitchen. While I can imagine either hot or cold getting blocked, it seems odd that both became blocked or completely restricted at the same time. Is it possible that someone has been working on your trailer recently?

Bogie

Thinking about your problem, my first thought was a check valve stuck, but dismissed that because there would have to be two and the chances of both hot and cold being affected at the same time would be highly unlikely.

So let's go with what you do know. Hot and cold at the kitchen sink are working, so you are getting flow through the water heater That would suggest that hot and cold lines that are running to the bathroom are probably running parallel to each other and have a blockage. So the only thing I can think of that would affect both hot and cold at the same time would be parallel lines that are pinched. I would suggest you start looking form below the bathroom and work your way back to the supply. Unfortunately, that may require lowering the corplast underneath the trailer.

wdk450

I would try to reverse blow out your main water supply lines with compressed air pressure from the non-working fixtures. You may have to disconnect your incoming city water PEX connection, as I think there is a check valve in the city water connector.

I think that the looking for kinked PEX might be easier, although it is puzzling to think that BOTH Hot and Cold lines might be kinked /plugged up simultaneously.

Crossfire

Thinking about your problem, my first thought was a check valve stuck, but dismissed that because there would have to be two and the chances of both hot and cold being affected at the same time would be highly unlikely.

So let's go with what you do know. Hot and cold at the kitchen sink are working, so you are getting flow through the water heater That would suggest that hot and cold lines that are running to the bathroom are probably running parallel to each other and have a blockage. So the only thing I can think of that would affect both hot and cold at the same time would be parallel lines that are pinched. I would suggest you start looking form below the bathroom and work your way back to the supply. Unfortunately, that may require lowering the corplast underneath the trailer.

Great suggestions. I will try to blow out the lines. If that doesn't work, I will pull down the "corplast" and inspect the lines. Does anyone know what holds it up and is there a specific way to remove it without damaging it?

Brought it home and plan on working on it Tuesday after everything dries out from the flooding we received in the San Antonio area. I really appreciate the ideas, if anyone has any others please post them. I will update my post once I discover the problem and repair it. Thank you!!!

rhodies1

Great suggestions. I will try to blow out the lines. If that doesn't work, I will pull down the "corplast" and inspect the lines. Does anyone know what holds it up and is there a specific way to remove it without damaging it?

Brought it home and plan on working on it Tuesday after everything dries out from the flooding we received in the San Antonio area. I really appreciate the ideas, if anyone has any others please post them. I will update my post once I discover the problem and repair it. Thank you!!!

Why are are you taking down the coroplast bottom. I would go in behind the storage compartment wall first and see what is going on. Your lines from the city water and pump are located in this area and go up thru the floor to your bathroom. I can’t see how you would easily access your lines from the bottom of the trailer.

wdk450

Just a hint on working on 1/2 inch PEX lines. Sharkbite (brand) is a line of PEX push-on (no crimp tool needed) fittings available at Home Depot or Lowes. Recently, I had to make a couple of lines shorter for a new kitchen sink faucet install, and it came to me that I could cut out the excess PEX tubing length, and do a simple splice with a Sharkbite coupling fitting. You can even get an inexpensive plastic ring to allow you to remove a Sharkbite fitting from a line, if you need to. Sharkbite fittings don't leak, and are code approved to go inside house walls.

marknewbill

In my camper they didn't want to use the elbow type fittings, and instead used the bend sweep brackets. im sure that normally is the best way, and on some places I see them just bend them with no bracket. if yours has one of these sweeping bends somewhere with no bracket, maybe temperature changes caused the lines to collapse. for that look where walls transition to the floor, etc.