Only one satellite on big horn coax

FARMER45

Hooked up king tailgater to dish receiver it would only bring in sat 110 after checking all connections and moving dish and doing many scans, I unhooked from trailer and brought coax in door. I hooked to receiver direct. All three sat came in great, I moved it back to the outside hookup, only 110 again. I think I will drill a hole behind tv and install a hookup on the outside and bypass all rv wiring

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If you find where the coax cable under the slide out goes into the hole of the frame, you can pull em out there and you'll find a connection that you can tap into. I think black is OTA, White is cable, and Gray is dish. Not 100% on that and who know if they did your RV right. 🤔
Hope that helps
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kbausano

Hooked up king tailgater to dish receiver it would only bring in sat 110 after checking all connections and moving dish and doing many scans, I unhooked from trailer and brought coax in door. I hooked to receiver direct. All three sat came in great, I moved it back to the outside hookup, only 110 again. I think I will drill a hole behind tv and install a hookup on the outside and bypass all rv wiring

I find my Dish Tailgater has repetitive challenges getting enough signal strength, so often one or more satellites will not connect. The issue seems to be (after endless calls to Tech) the signal loss due to the length of coax between the dish and the receiver. Shorter always seems better, going direct to receiver always works better as well. I myself am considering creating another tap into the sat cable in the area of the tv-side slide somewhere.

Let us know what you discover please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Westwind

Two years ago we got a Tailgator to use when we snowbird in Florida, when I connected it for the first time via the outside connections in the Utility Connection no signal and I tried all 4 of them in case they were connected incorrectly. After 3-4 hours of reading, calling and switching connections I ended up fishing the wire through the gaskets of the TV slide-out and connected it directly to the receiver and had success. This past year I connected it again the same way but we had problems and Dish told me to replace the cable which I haven't done yet. I would love to have it connected via the OEM system but I have given up on that since it's so involved in places you cannot get to.