Ontario to Lake George

ILH

The wife and I will be heading to Lake George in a few weeks. Google shows 3 possible routes from Ontario to Lake George. All 3 are within about 10 minutes travel time of each other - so the more important question is whether the lesser routes are problematic for a toy hauler?

An alternate route goes via 68, 56, 30, 28N, i87

Another route is via i81, 12, 8, i87

Finally, another route is through 37, 11, i87

Any comments?

hriker

I87 is the NYS Thruway. You will have no issues from the NY state border to Lake George on 87. Not sure about the other routes though.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

mbopp

A short section of I87 is part of the NYS Thruway but from Canada to Albany it's not a toll road.
28N is a good 2-lane road but a bit winding.

porthole

Retired
All I can add is stay away from any road in the states above NJ that have "Parkway" in their name.
No commercial trucks, many no pickup trucks, most no trailers or very limited trailer height (under 10')

Tundra2084

We travel from Kitchener ONT to New Hampshire and use 68, 56, 30, 28N, i87 As stated 30 has some winding but its nothing a semi cant handle so you should be good to go. Enjoy your trip..it's beautiful in that area.

ILH

We travel from Kitchener ONT to New Hampshire and use 68, 56, 30, 28N, i87 As stated 30 has some winding but its nothing a semi cant handle so you should be good to go. Enjoy your trip..it's beautiful in that area.

Perfect! Thanks.