Ordered New BH 3760 EL today!

violinini1

After two years of researching, 4 different factory tours, 6 different RV Shows and 4 visits to our dealer, we finally made the plunge. Wow, many thanks to our dealer, Stacy at Tiarra RV Sales for his patience with us. First time RV owners, so it was quite a trip. As it turns out, it may be for the best as there are many exciting new changes for the, what I think they are calling, the 2016 A, pre-2017 model. A list of the stated changes are below. We hope to get an updated brochure from the factory soon, when we visited late Friday afternoon, they were already closed.

Changes we were told that were being made:
New Glazed Sedona Wood Color; new Door Profile; Updated Trim, Paneling, & Doors; New Countertop Color - Sweet Bark;
New Main Wall Board-Macedonia Birch; New Slide-out fascia; Nickel Molding chair Rail; Updated Flooring & Carpet;
Added Pillow Top Seating; Brushed Nickel Hardware; New Island Accents; New Valance Design;
Updated Dinette, Island, & Sconce Lights; Stone Tile Backsplash in Bathrooms; New Closet Design
Improved Bedding, Headboard, Valance Fabric, & Closet Doors; MCD Night Shades; New Front Cap;
New Graphics -ivory Exterior Only; Solar Panel & Backup Camera Prep (I really like this);

Ordered with the following options:
Slide Awning Package Triple Slide; MorRyde Hitch; 1 1/4" accessory receiver; Generator Prep;
Power Cord Reel; 6Pt Auto Leveling; Optional Power Awning -Main Dinette; 32" LED TV in BR;
Convection microwave; Power Theatre seating; Programmable Safe; Deluxe Coffered Ceiling;
Electric Fireplace; Yetti Extreme Pkg; Dual Pane Windows; Standard gas/electric 18 cu ft frig. for boon docking;
In addition, the following special build items:
Goodyear G Rated Tires; 12.25x3.375 Upgraded Brakes with 8,000 lb axles;
5.5 kW LP Generator; 40 lb Propane Tanks; Metal Wrapped awning (Black);
Maximum Vinyl (living room & Kitchen); Fantastic Fan in Bath; Heat Pump in Main living area;

I plan to modify the RV for boon docking within the next year by adding a 3,000 Watt Inverter and AGM batteries, and eventually hope to add solar panels, since the new models are now prepped for that addition. Still working on details of that purchase. Hopefully it will not take another two years, HA!

Can't wait to get delivery, hopefully in early February.

Don and Jan,
2014 RAM SRW 3500 Laramie Longhorn with 6.7 L Cummins Diesel

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on your new purchase.
Wow, sounds like you have a great list of options.
You will love them all.
Now you will have to consider joining the Heartland Owners Club and attend a few rallies.
Check my signature for details on joining.

Peace
Dave

violinini1

Congratulations on your new purchase.
Wow, sounds like you have a great list of options.
You will love them all.
Now you will have to consider joining the Heartland Owners Club and attend a few rallies.
Check my signature for details on joining.

Peace
Dave

Yes, plan to join. Thought I had to have delivery first.
Don and Jan

'Lil Guy'

Sounds like you did your homework on coming to the Heartland conclusion. Congrats on your choice. We just received our new BH and I'm amazed at the quality of the woodwork and all aspects of the interior and exterior. I can't imagine better upgrades than we already have. You'll love your new rig when you get it.

You mentioned that you really researched these luxury 5ers before coming to your conclusion. Can you shed a little more light on what swayed you to go with the Heartland product. Maybe future buyers that don't take the time to compare before buying can use the information you learned in making their choice.
Congrats again and look at joining the HOC and attending some rallies. Great info and people sharing your passion. Hope to meet you down the road.

kdubinwa

Congrats Don!

Can you shed any more light on your comment below regarding factory prep? first I have read about this...

"and eventually hope to add solar panels, since the new models are now prepped for that addition"

Thanks,
Kurt

violinini1

I only have a sheet that the dealer gave me. Did not have time to discuss thoroughly. I did confirm with factory reps however, and everything that I stated on the sheets are in the new models, including the Prep for the rear camera and the solar panel prep. Not sure what size cable they are using, as I understand it, that is critical in a good solar installation. They are no longer offering the rear camera as an option, so I found a very good one that has a 95 foot RF range. I was afraid that 65 foot range would not be enough.
Don

DougS

Doug S
I like the list you made of recent changes to the BH. It probably would be a great idea if each model line would have a permanent thread of current changes. I believe reading a current change list before ordering a new unit might help to end surprises.

violinini1

Debbie and Frank,
We went to 4 different factory tours. We saw the Pinnacle, the Grand Design and the Montana besides the Big Horn. The factory rep at Big Horn spent almost 3 hours with us and answered all the questions we had. The Montana tour was also very thorough, but we liked the one piece design of the roof and floor and felt that was much more stable and would keep the insulation value for the life of the RV, unlike the flexible insulation of the other models. We also liked the quality control at Big Horn, they were finding things that we could not even see. It was amazing. I would highly suggest a factory tour to anyone who is serious about buying a Fifth Wheel. It is an eye opening experience. We came away with the confidence that the Big Horn is the best RV that is made today in this price range and weight class, without exception. Don't forget, Big Horn is the only fiver in this price range that is including G rated tires as standard equipment. That is powerful when you read all of the other forums that have so many problems with E rated tires. I have seen better built fifth wheels, but for twice the price and 5,000
more pounds.

Sincerely
Don and Jan

wehavefun

Our 3760 EL is supposed to be built this week. Then off for full paint. Hoping to have it before Christmas!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

violinini1

Make sure to post pictures when you get it. Love to see it. I was going to go with the full paint, but they eliminated the Big Horn emblem on the front. So, it was my small protest. HA!

Piperflyer

My wife and I picked ours up in August and have been in FL with it since. You are going to like the room and the way things are laid out in it. With the right truck it tows like it isn't there. Hope you enjoy it and get many safe miles on the road.