Ordering info for Replacement Black Power Cord Reel Hatch

My cover for the cord reel came unlatched and the wind tore it off. Does anyone know where I could order a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

oldelmer1

Re: Cover for cord reel

Anyone else find one of these doors in black?

Mine just broke and all I can find are white ones.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I had to replace the door on my 2011 Grand Canyon, which was not painted so the white matched the body. Eazy-peazy and I turned the door over to open from the bottom.

rmeyer

I got my black one from Heartland. Going to turn the new one over so it opens from bottom

jbeletti

Tom - check this page out: http://www.bandbmolders.com/index.php/product/large-multi-purpose-hatch-open-back-zh/ < new link :)

B&B Molders (a Thetford company) is who makes these hatches. There, you can find the part numbers for black (with thumb-turn or key lock), then begin your search anew.

On edit - again!: Updated the link above for the large black hatch with 2 cut-outs for the electric cord. At least you have a B&B p/n that you can call them and ask for one or how to get one :)

On edit: The link above is not for the door with the cut-out for the cord. The large black "electrical cord" hatch is hard to find. I suggest you call B&B molders about it if Heartland can't help you out.

oldelmer1

Tom - check this page out: http://www.bandbmolders.com/index.php/product/large-multi-purpose-hatch-open-back-zh/ < new link :)

B&B Molders (a Thetford company) is who makes these hatches. There, you can find the part numbers for black (with thumb-turn or key lock), then begin your search anew.

On edit - again!: Updated the link above for the large black hatch with 2 cut-outs for the electric cord. At least you have a B&B p/n that you can call them and ask for one or how to get one :)

On edit: The link above is not for the door with the cut-out for the cord. The large black "electrical cord" hatch is hard to find. I suggest you call B&B molders about it if Heartland can't help you out.

Thanks for the i for Jim.

oldelmer1

So I ended up calling Heartland parts, Sarah knew exactly what I was talking about as soon as I said cover.

Here's the info:

Item number: 0149292
Description: Hatch - Multi - 7.75 x 12.5x 1 - Key - 2Verm - Black
Sale Price: $34.62

Total price is $52.03.

Boy, thats a lot for shipping.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Nice Tom! Thanks for sharing. I'm changing your thead title to make it more findable as to the solution.

ILH

This thread has been fantastic. I just lost my power cord hatch cover (on the way south to Florida). I was having a heck of a time finding one through the usual channels. I just called Heartland and they were fantastic and also pretty cheap compared to the alternatives.