Our 325 Mods

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks great! Was that from the factory or something you found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I was trying to figure out what to do with my wash pole, walking stick, umbrellas, and the extendable pole for the widow squeegee. I found these at the HD and they fit perfectly across the front storage compartment.

IMG_0847 (3).jpgIMG_0849.jpg

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I was in the process of doing some front closet mods and got side tracked. I noticed the box for the washer/dryer connections was away from the wall and loose as well as the little trim/corner piece on the opposite side. I decided to pull the cubby in the back of the closet out to see if there was any backing to screw the a fore mentioned items into. There is, the assembly folks just didn't get it right. What I also found was open space between the back wall of the closet and the cap.

IMG_1009.JPG IMG_1010.JPG

There are two 1 inch thick pieces of insulation on either side of the closet and that is it. Insulation must be expensive in Indiana. My next mod will be to rectify this situation.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

I have a question, to all the "modifiers" out there!! .. What are the limits on modifications that you can do w/o screwing up your warranty?? ... I.E., If I wanted to clean up the wiring behind the basement walls, and move the basement walls for more storage, would that be a deal breaker for warranty coverage???

danemayer

I have a question, to all the "modifiers" out there!! .. What are the limits on modifications that you can do w/o screwing up your warranty?? ... I.E., If I wanted to clean up the wiring behind the basement walls, and move the basement walls for more storage, would that be a deal breaker for warranty coverage???

If you cause a problem, that wouldn't be regarded as a manufacturing defect. If you modify something and that thing subsequently fails, and it's obviously been modified, that raises the question of whether the failure was due to a manufacturing defect or due to the modification. Warranty covers manufacturing defects.

What happens if the cause of failure is unclear, but the modification is suspected to have caused the problem?

In theory, the burden is on the manufacturer to demonstrate that your modification caused the problem. In practice, you could end up both right and unhappy as your RV sits waiting for repair authorization and the entire camping season passes you by while you argue.

Don't be afraid of modifications. Just don't get over your head.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
After getting the measurements between the closet wall and the front cap I decided that one bat of R19 would be the way to go. I used a spray adhesive to help stack the insulation for the first layer against the cap. The second layer is standing straight up and down. I was not able to double up behind the cubby as there is not enough room. Due to limited space it took a couple of hours to get it done. Well worth it though as we no longer get the heat wave when opening the closet doors and the bedroom temp is more in line with the rest of the rig.

OM insulation.JPG OM insulation 2.JPG

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Ikea to the rescue! We have been trying to decide on a desk for our rig so we can both work while out and about. Ikea has this desk/table and we decided to make it work. We bought 2 of them and I combined them. I had to do a few mods to make them both work together, but the end result will not only work but does not look half bad either. I also used a round saw on each side for our power cords. I have one more mod to do and that is to take one of the left over flip up ends and attach it in front of the drawers on hinges so that we can have a bit of a dinner table as well.

Desk 3.jpg
Desk.jpg
Desk 2.jpg

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We bought what Ikea calls a gate leg table. To combine the two I ended up with two of the table wings left over. I fitted one to make the middle of the table bigger, and increase the overall length as well. The second I cut down and hinged in the front so we can still have somewhat of a dinner table without putting our computers etc away to eat. I also cut down one of the smaller top pieces to create a shelf towards the floor for our battery back up/surge protector to sit on, and to allow the leg of the table to slide under when closed all the way. All finished:

OM table.jpg OM table 1.jpg