Our new rig

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thank you John. We are still trying to figure out if we can actually make that trip. I may end up coming down and flying my wife in a few days later. We stayed at the KOA in North Ft Collins. Its about 12 miles from the house. Might be a decent place for a rally some day...

The Wellington KOA?

I thought it looked familiar!

Vikisue

Hi All,,,new owners of an Oakmont,390MLB,a 42' monster. Does anyone know what thw switch on the steps up to the bedroom is for, we haven't been able to figure it out and there are no indications in the manuals?.....we're first time rv'ers and just starting our "learnng" curve.......currently in Lake Havasu City,Az for the winter,then its off to see some of this country.

danemayer

Hi All,,,new owners of an Oakmont,390MLB,a 42' monster. Does anyone know what thw switch on the steps up to the bedroom is for, we haven't been able to figure it out and there are no indications in the manuals?.....we're first time rv'ers and just starting our "learnng" curve.......currently in Lake Havasu City,Az for the winter,then its off to see some of this country.

Hi Vikisue,

Might be the switch for the light under the entry steps.

Vikisue

TY for the response,that's exactly what it is. A schematic of the coaches sys's would be great, seems the "monster" is really a "residential" type 5th and its gonna be a long learning curve...nice to see a pure sin wave inverter(guessing its for the reefer) but it seems the converter is not doing its job....batteries run down w/o a charger on it...havven't seen a converter on it but still learning...dealer put 2 12v deka marine cranking bats in..shame...we're researching solar and would have preferred agm's,oh well,as they say "live and learn!!

danemayer

The learning curve can be pretty steep. We have some owner-written user guides that might help you with the climb. You can get to the from the TOOLS tab at top of the page, selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides. Here's a direct link.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Congratulations! You can learn a lot reading in these forums. You can get a lot of help real time by attending a rally. Have fun with your new toy.