Outdoor cookin'

Steve.Twoknee

While not a camper mod, it is related! We seem to be stuck in constant rain, so starting my next camper project has to wait (going to mount scissor jacks in the middle of my camper). Next best thing: cleaning up and prepping my grandfathers 1963 Coleman 443 for a summer of fun!
193f175f62a64b2fc621df6be69c43d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klp605

How exciting to have a 3-burner!

Out of curiosity, why are you adding scissor jacks to the middle of your TT?

Steve.Twoknee

How exciting to have a 3-burner!

Out of curiosity, why are you adding scissor jacks to the middle of your TT?

Great question! I'm going to attempt to reduce movement in the camper. I often use what I refer to as out rigging that really helps, but I'm growing tired of the process of wedging them against the frame rails and the ratchet strapping them (if I had a picture it would make more sense, but it is something like the screen shot I attached). With the scissor jacks I could simply use them or not as the situation presented itself; like when a 85 pound 2 year old Golden gets excited!
1df0a54efc3632e13f942e72787512c2.jpg

CDN

B and B
I carry 2 Coleman stoves albeit propane for outdoor cooking. We also carry a GMG Smoker that can whip up delicious Pork roast in 12 hrs.

G54FL

While not a camper mod, it is related! We seem to be stuck in constant rain, so starting my next camper project has to wait (going to mount scissor jacks in the middle of my camper). Next best thing: cleaning up and prepping my grandfathers 1963 Coleman 443 for a summer of fun!

Love the Coleman Steve!

What is everyone else doing for a stove? Just tapping into the LP with a small tabletop version? I'm guessing that drawer cavity is probably too small to house a pull out stove?

klp605

The extended counter cavity is small. We use a Coleman Road Trip LX Grill (http://www.coleman.com/roadtrip-lx-propane-grill/2000020966.html) with multiple cook-tops. It can be used simultaneously with the grill that comes with the mallard if need be by adding a fitting. We also have a Brinkmann double burner stove but I stopped even packing it in the camper as the Road Trip works much better as a stove. The Road Trip also allows larger pots and pans to be used as you can remove the lid.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
. Next best thing: cleaning up and prepping my grandfathers 1963 Coleman 443 for a summer of fun!
193f175f62a64b2fc621df6be69c43d8.jpg

I did notice that you have a propane conversion on that beautiful stove.
Using propane will give you only about half the heat that you would get from using white gas.
If you still have the original fuel tank, it's the way to go.

Peace
Dave

Steve.Twoknee

I did notice that you have a propane conversion on that beautiful stove.
Using propane will give you only about half the heat that you would get from using white gas.
If you still have the original fuel tank, it's the way to go.

Peace
Dave

I do still have it! I may go back to the white gas, but that tank and I do not always see eye to eye!

G54FL

The extended counter cavity is small. We use a Coleman Road Trip LX Grill (http://www.coleman.com/roadtrip-lx-propane-grill/2000020966.html) with multiple cook-tops. It can be used simultaneously with the grill that comes with the mallard if need be by adding a fitting. We also have a Brinkmann double burner stove but I stopped even packing it in the camper as the Road Trip works much better as a stove. The Road Trip also allows larger pots and pans to be used as you can remove the lid.

Thats a great idea! I like the flexible nature of it. Where do you store it? Front compartment, or can it fit in the outdoor kitchen during travel?

Side note - is the included grill that comes with the Mallard any good? Thanks