Outside speaker volume too loud...

CPDDet

We have a 2017 3100CK 5ver and the radio has the 3 zone buttons.

While the volume control for zone 1 (living area) and zone 2 (bedroom) work fine the volume control for zone 3 (outside) cannot be turned down low enough. Even at the lowest volume setting we are blowing out our neighbors and cant use the outdoor speakers because of it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Dave and Ronna

eddylives

Try using the balance or fade controls on the unit.
My outside speakers quit and it was caused by someone adjusting the fade option turning those speakers off.

CPDDet

Try using the balance or fade controls on the unit.
My outside speakers quit and it was caused by someone adjusting the fade option turning those speakers off.

My radio doesn't have a fade control, it uses a zone system instead. 3 zone buttons; living area, bedroom and outside. These can be turned on and off individually or all turned on together.

I have made an interesting discovery.
Stopped by the RV storage yard the other day to verify the problem. Turned on the radio (12 volt of course) and checked the volume control for zone 1 (living area) and zone 2 (bedroom) and both worked correctly. Then I tried zone 3 (outside) and couldn't get any sound whatsoever! This is just the opposite of what I experienced at the campground a week ago when the outside speakers were so loud I couldn't use them and the volume adjustment on the radio had no effect on the volume of the outside speakers; loud no matter what the volume setting.

Now the only difference from when I experienced the problem and now not getting any sound is the TV was plugged in and might have been on at the campground. Since I didnt have 110V AC available at the storage yard I wasn't able to turn on the TV this time. It looks like the outside speaker volume may be tied to the volume setting on the TV, but I wont know for sure until next Monday when I take the unit out for a few days.

Ill keep everyone posted.

Dave

eddylives

My unit has a Jensen entertainment unit DVD radio USB AUX etc.
It has three zones also for speakers and I had an issue with no sound till I found the fade/balance settings.
What unit do you have?
I'll bet there is a fade adjustment on yours also that can be set to your liking

CPDDet

My radio is marked "iRV Technologies".

I cant find any fade control adjustment on the radio, in the manual or on the remote.

Here is the latest.

A week ago I went to the storage lot to verify the problem (the radio is DC of course). Turned on Zone 1 and volume control properly. Turned off Zone 1 and turned on Zone 2 and volume control worked properly. Turned off Zone 1 & 2 and turned on Zone 3 (outdoor speakers) and no sound what so ever!

Arrived at the campground yesterday and discovered that Zone 3 (outdoor speakers) only work with the AC shore power attached. And the volume is "set" and a very loud level. While the volume control displays a larger or small number when I turn the dial, the actual volume coming from the outside speakers does not change. Its very loud and will not get any louder or softer no mater what the volume control dial is set at. Strange!

Will be pulling the radio today to check out the wiring on the backside. Odd that the outside speakers only operate on AC.

Dave

danemayer

Looking over one of the IRV Tech manuals, I notice 2 things that are interesting with respect to what you've described.

First, there are notes in the manual at least twice regarding zone 3, saying to press and hold the zone 3 button, and there are controls in the operation menu. So perhaps if you press and hold and are in the operation menu, you'll see some additional level of control.

Second, the wiring shows a 12V power source - not 120V. So if you don't get sound out of zone 3 until the coach has 120V power, that suggests there is a 120V device inbetween the IRV Tech system, and the speakers. Perhaps an amplifier. If you trace the wires, you may find an additional component.

Another approach would be to turn on the radio for zone 3, with power to the coach, and start turning off 120V circuit breakers to find out what circuit is providing power. That might provide a clue as to location.

CPDDet

Well, I as going to spend some more time with the manual after breakfast but you're quicker on the draw.

Pressed and held the Zone 3 button for a second or two and sure enough, it opens the volume control for the outside speakers.

Not really concerned about the AC power being needed as we don't dry camp (boon-dock)

Thanks!

Dave

CPDDet

I stand corrected. Once the menu is set up properly the outside speakers will work without the shore power being attached.

Tricky little unit! LOL

Dave

eddylives

Glad to hear its figured out.
These new fangled gadgets have become very complicated it seems lol

CLB

We have a 2017 3100CK 5ver and the radio has the 3 zone buttons.

While the volume control for zone 1 (living area) and zone 2 (bedroom) work fine the volume control for zone 3 (outside) cannot be turned down low enough. Even at the lowest volume setting we are blowing out our neighbors and cant use the outdoor speakers because of it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Dave and Ronna
I disconnected mine because a couple of times I didn't realize they were on. Not good at 5am

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk