PANEL LED Issue

jd15ctd

Hello All,

Great forum with lots of good information. I've searched and have not found this issue talked about in the past.

On our first camping trip in our new North Trail 32RLTS I noticed that our TV reception was very poor. I removed the antenna booster panel to find that the connections were all very loose etc. When I was tightening everything two of the wires touched creating a small spark... Oh boy! Any way the LED for the radio/booster was lit so I changed the fuse.... Still no go. I eventually moved the wire to the spare circuit and it works fine now. On the old circuit the LED is out with the fuse in but if I remove it the LED is back on. This circuit does not have anything connected to it. Is the normal behavior or is the panel damaged for that space? BTW our first night was in Ft. Wilderness from Ohio!

danemayer

Hi jd15ctd,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The fusebox LEDs provide a low current path to ground, such that if there's a 12V line attached to that fuse position, AND the fuse is blown or removed, AND there's a path back to ground (usually through a load), the LED is illuminated.

So if the LED is ON, it's getting power on one side and has a path to ground on the other side. You might have to take another look at the back side of the fuse panel to see whether there's some contact with a power source.