Picked up our new BC 3560 SS

NYSUPstater

DS and I picked up our new coach yesterday. Arrived at dealer right at 8am and we were directed where it was and went to town looking to over. He did the inside and I the outside. Found several items, but some got scratched off as most were minor. Sadly, wasn't until we got home that we both missed the BR door doesn't latch, but looks like just some add'l washers, lil shift in striker plate and all should be well. Tech then went over things w/ us as FDS recorded it. Then we rattled off things on our list and they took care of while we went to sign the paperwork. Place was pretty busy, so had to wait a spell. Once done, went back to shop and saw that truck wasn't hooked up as I thought it would've been so they could make adj to hitch.

Hooked it 2x as I wanted to see how much it dropped on stock susp (2"). Engaged the lower Stable loads and dropped only about an 1". Always used a Ultraguard mudflap attached to a receiver to aid in keeping crap off front of coach from rear tires. With hitch as it was, the mudflap wasn't going to clear the RV while turning. Ended up taking it off and tossing back of truck for ride home.

Had 9"-10" clearance between top of box and underside of coach! Like, WTH? Hitch could not go any lower and pinbox could not go any higher in frame. Wanted to measure the top of front A/C to ground, but the tech insisted that it's 13'5" regardless. I'm thinking it HAS to be higher than that due to the amt of clearance. Never measured it, nor did we hit any bridges on way home.

As for the coach:
-- No correct track
-- No wet bolts in susp (thought there was supposed to be)
-- Not until we got home, noticed light at top corners of bed slide while it was in
-- Slide topper on bed slide......COOL
-- Fantastic fan was installed in bath as requested/optioned
-- Sailun tires
-- 2nd awning on dinette/seat slide
-- Unable to extend both awnings or to actually see how to angle it for the rain, just told to do "X" (not good IMO)
-- 5th Airborne pinbox installed
-- 6pt level up is COOL !!!
-- Dealer had front A/C running and noticed condensation around vents. Normal?????
-- Looks GREAT and tows GREAT !!!

Left dealer's lot around 115pm and stopped for fuel, weigh on CAT scale and grab a bite to eat before hitting the road.

CAT scale readings:
Truck alone:
Front axle: 4880
Rear axle: 3620
Total: 8500

Truck w/ 5er:
Front axle: 4980 (gained 100#)
Rear axle: 6480 (gained 2860#)
Trailer axle: 11,040
Total gross: 22,500

Pin weight is 2860
Trailer weight as weighed empty: 14,000
Max trl GVW: 16,000
CCC: 2,000

Tho we are under across the board, not by much. Will be re-weighing the Wed enroute to CG and loaded back up but w/ less "junk".

Towing wise, It towed GREAT!!! Truck handled it w/ ease. Will say tho that w/ the lower Stable Loads engaged, truck does ride stiffer even w/ close to 3k on rear end.

My hats off to the state of Ohio and their roads. Overall, very smooth. No trash or very little of it. ALL bridges are rust free and nicely adorned w/ either town or county name on them. PLUS coming north on I-71 into Columbus, one was expertly landscaped. WOW !!!!!

PA roads were okay. Not as nice as OH.

NY: HORRIBLE!! More rough spots than smooth. Shoot, even where it was just re-paved was rougher than older pavement you came back onto. Oh, no sooner than we crossed back into NY, we got nailed big time w/ friggin bugs!!! Good thing I have a bug screen on grill in front of radiator. Poor 'ol BC didn't fare any better. DS said it looks like a really bad case of mosquito acne hit it. He wasn't kidding!!! Fortunately they washed off well today. No wonder this state's roads stinks.

Stopped for fuel in Ashtabula, OH and another bite to eat at 730. OTR at 745 and in driveway at midnight. Was able to back it into driveway as some may recall, I had a concern I may not be able to do so. Approx 580 miles from dealer to home.

DW & DS cleaned up inside and brought bins of "X" back in while I worked on making more 2x10 blocks for pads and getting power cord hooked up. Then sanitized the water system. OH----the vent for water tank comes out thru left frame rail via a 90* elbow w/ no screen. Is there a micro screen on the market that will work on this spigot?

Hot water tank is a Atwood w/ NO anode rod. Last RV's hot water tank had one. What can I expect going forward by not having one?

Now that I've put everyone to sleep, all we can say is WOW! Still have things to learn w/ this coach but as of now, very happy owners!!:):):)

danemayer

Never heard of wet bolts being standard.

Recently heard that Correct Track is no longer being installed.

Atwood water heaters use a tank design that doesn't require an anode rod.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
congratulations on the new coach. We have had our 3560ss for almost a year and love it. Pick it up on Thursday from some warranty work before it expires

Hello,

Just read your detailed note with your experience on your new (then) 3560SS. We are right in the middle of purchasing one ourselves (and awaiting anxiously) towards picking it up. I had our generator removed from our previous fifth and transferred to the new rig as I didn't want to spend the extra money (and of course the trade would have given me nothing).

Anyway, your detail helped me with making notes on items to check when we pick her up. However, at this point, I am curious to learn what types of experiences have you gained since you bought yours. Im sure by now there are many things you could tell us...

I will be towing with a 2012 Dodge RAM, 2500 Laramie Longhorn/Mega Cab w/Firestone air suspension and a B&W Companion Hitch with Slider.

NYSUPstater

Hello,

Just read your detailed note with your experience on your new (then) 3560SS. We are right in the middle of purchasing one ourselves (and awaiting anxiously) towards picking it up. I had our generator removed from our previous fifth and transferred to the new rig as I didn't want to spend the extra money (and of course the trade would have given me nothing).

Anyway, your detail helped me with making notes on items to check when we pick her up. However, at this point, I am curious to learn what types of experiences have you gained since you bought yours. Im sure by now there are many things you could tell us...

I will be towing with a 2012 Dodge RAM, 2500 Laramie Longhorn/Mega Cab w/Firestone air suspension and a B&W Companion Hitch with Slider.

First thing is to make sure your 2500 is capable of the 3560's weight based off my CAT scale weights. My truck is a '15 F350, SB,4x4,CC, 6.7.

What we've found so far:
--Pantry drawers won't stay closed, so have to add something to keep them in.
--LP door latch (left side top) not catching the metal lip
--Had water get into basement and thru advice here, added calk to screws at base of door frame...no more water.
--Make a "Button Up List" and tape to space w/ switches before bringing in slides (we have about 10 items on it).
--Have dealer double check wheel bearings!! We had 2 that were no good/failed NYS inspection 2 weeks ago.
--Make sure entry door is closed before bring in slides if you have toppers, otherwise you'll get soaked as water will run off towards the door.
--Dinette table is VERY close to window and makes it hard to open/close MCD shade.
--We place wood blocks under all the pads to spread weight out and reduce amount of piston extension from cylinder (reduces RV movement less you have out)
--Some cabinet doors are not aligned properly and hit one another (above theater seats and w/d slide out)
--Had a 18" section of rubber seal come loose under fridge...gotta figure how to re-attach it.
--Need 26" of clearance for BR,W/D slide alone (another 24" or so for bed slide)
--Kitchen/entertainment slide needs 24"
--Overhead entry light by door is a nice touch/feature, goes on/off as door is opened/closed.
--LED lights on slide moldings is a nice night time feature when watching tv
--Have used both FP's to warm things up on a couple chilly mornings

Overall, we love the coach and room she offers. Still working on some things and have to re-weigh in a month when fully loaded to see where we stand even tho we've removed some items. With the B&W 18k Patriot, I have 9" of clearance and 13'4" overall height. The slide in slide messes up other campers minds as they are not sure what to think for they are a rare sight in these parts for now anyways.

esscobra

as far as the water on the slide toppers- get the dometic roller supports- it eliminated the issue on mine - my dealer was already in talks with heartland about adding new strip higher up to attach slide toppers for more runoff- but after 2 rains- 1 heavy for 4+ hours- it was 200 percent better- after the rain stopped - I got on roof to see how much water was on toppers and there was hardly any- before I would just have big puddles up there and was ready to have a 2nd set of channel installed higher - but the supports took out sag and added the pitch s water doesn't pool- It didn't look like much when they were installed but the have exceeded their function by a lot- Jerrod has pics and install- they are worth the 90 each and more by not having to add another awing rail to side

rnewk52

Greetings,
This is kind of directed at NYSUPstater but hopefully others will respond also.

We also have a new 3560SS and are wondering if you operate both fireplaces at the same time. When we do that the circuit breaker trips. Can't believe both units are wired together.

Our seal under the fridge slide also came loose. Headed to the dealer next week for repair.

Do you have any problems with the bedroom door? Our's binds up between the mattress and the bathroom wall. We think the door should open into the hall and attach to the W/D slide cabinet with a latch such as is used on the closet doors when traveling.

Our fridge sprung a leak and lost all coolant. New one on order.

We have only had our unit for about 2 months and have traveled in it for about 4 weeks and really like it so far. When we get the "bugs" worked out it will be even better.
Happy Travels

NYSUPstater

Greetings,
This is kind of directed at NYSUPstater but hopefully others will respond also.

We also have a new 3560SS and are wondering if you operate both fireplaces at the same time. When we do that the circuit breaker trips. Can't believe both units are wired together.

Our seal under the fridge slide also came loose. Headed to the dealer next week for repair.

Do you have any problems with the bedroom door? Our's binds up between the mattress and the bathroom wall. We think the door should open into the hall and attach to the W/D slide cabinet with a latch such as is used on the closet doors when traveling.

Our fridge sprung a leak and lost all coolant. New one on order.

We have only had our unit for about 2 months and have traveled in it for about 4 weeks and really like it so far. When we get the "bugs" worked out it will be even better.
Happy Travels

-No problems running both FP at same time. Did you have enough power coming into the coach?
-HL said I'd have to take coach to a dealer to get seal taken care of.
-BR door is kinda odd as to how it has to be in order to work w/ slide. That said, we open as far as it will go towards mattress and let that hold it open. Ours didn't catch stiker plate, so had to add wshers under it to extend it from door jam---no problem now.
-Wow that stinks on the fridge going south already. I'm bad and haven't read manuals yet, but we had ice cream in freezer that softened up quite a bit while unplugged for 6 hours and really never re-froze till we got home and stuck it in chest freezer in cellar.
We really like everything w/ this coach and still taking quite a bit to get used to. Lil more frustrated with the way purchasing dealer is handling some warranty items and that when I spoke to HL, they said they don't have any claims submitted to them from dealer for anything I asked HL about to double check on said items. Still laugh tho that while at CG's, folks don't know what to make of the slide in slide when they walk by. One gal said that she knew she was drinking and knew she wasn't seeing things, but couldn't figure out what the S-I-S was! Not many in these parts .......yet.

Divotf15

Ha! Our bedroom door required me to relocate striker plate so it would latch. Wasn't even close. Saw your mention of the condensation near vents. Ours does that in the bedroom on initial cool down of the coach and sometimes when we are going in and out of rv a lot. Basically it is normal if it does it on the initial cool down. Once the ac removes a bunch of the moisture fron the rv, it won't, or shouldn't, keep doing it. As a note of interest, there were several areas of the bedroom ceiling that were doing it. It basically showed me where cold air was flowing in the ceiling where it shouldn't be. I have done a significant amount or sealing crummy ductwork installation after noticing that. With a properly sealed set of ducts and ac connection points, my 4010 RD maintained 74 degrees today with an outside temp of 101. Admittedly, we cooled it to 65 last night (would have cooled it much cooler, but that is about as cool as I like it when we are sleeping.) and then it ran constant from about 0800 this morning. Still, when we first got it, 81 to 82 was common with outside temps around 100.