Pioneer DS320 2022

onaga54

Hello, i just purchased a 2022 pioneer ds320, i have been requesting info and delearship members are not very informative lol, i am looking to know what the Rvalue is on the trailer and was wondering since the underbelly is covered and heated if this trailer could be winter ready ish?

onaga54

Hello, i just purchased a 2022 pioneer ds320, i have been requesting info and delearship members are not very informative lol, i am looking to know what the Rvalue is on the trailer and was wondering since the underbelly is covered and heated if this trailer could be winter ready ish?
Opps i did a reply hehe, sorry

david-steph2018

Definition of "winter"? Are you talking a Montana style winter, or a Texas/South Florida style winter? Will the temps get down into the single digits or stay above freezing?

david-steph2018

Here is the reply to frequently asked questions on Heartland website:
"Your RV is rated for use with its standard equipment for climates of 32 through 80 degrees (see pg. 12 of owner’s manual). Use outside of these parameters may require additional equipment for cabin comfort and to prevent damage to the unit."

onaga54

Definition of "winter"? Are you talking a Montana style winter, or a Texas/South Florida style winter? Will the temps get down into the single digits or stay above freezing?
I live in canada, southern ontario, im just wondering what these campers are capable of, if in the future we decide to use camper for traveling around canada during the winter seasons or when we build our home and need to stay in trailer for the duration, i just would like to have an understanding of this trailer.

david-steph2018

I live in canada, southern ontario, im just wondering what these campers are capable of, if in the future we decide to use camper for traveling around canada during the winter seasons or when we build our home and need to stay in trailer for the duration, i just would like to have an understanding of this trailer.
It will be cold, if you will have electrical hookups, consider a portable electric heater to help out. But to keep the underbelly warm, you will need to run the furnace. The furnace will supply warm air to the underbelly to keep the pipes warm. You may also need to run off your freshwater tank if the outside temps drop very low.
A heated hose will help, but if very cold, the campground may shutoff the water supply to the site.

docs

I have a 2022 DS320 and was wondering what the long drain hose is for that is underneath my trailer outside that is with the low drain hose

david-steph2018

I have a 2022 DS320 and was wondering what the long drain hose is for that is underneath my trailer outside that is with the low drain hose
The low point drains should be red & blue lines with a valve on the end of these. If there is a single blue line, maybe white line, with a valve on the end, it could be the drain for your freshwater tank.

david-steph2018

Usually, the low points are red and blue, hot & cold water. You may need to open each and see if hot/warm water comes out of one of these.

Also, the freshwater tank should have a valve on it for draining.