Portable air compressors

NYSUPstater

What are you looking to air up? If just for the rig and RV, many go w/ ViaAir. Others use lil pancake compressors.

pjones1969

I have the ViAir 450P-RV, it works well, I built a 7 pin adapter so I can run it off of my bumper connector instead of raising the hood every time, I also just got the Milwaukee M18 inflator on the “buy this get this“ promo through Home Depot that should also do the trick. Bought 2 batteries and charger for $199, get $179 inflator tool only free, I’ve been wanting it so this worked out, all my other cordless tools are M18 and I carry drill / driver, batteries and charger in the truck

wdk450

I found this 150 psi Goodyear pancake style compressor refurbished on E-Bay a couple of months ago for about $85. No refurbished ones currently on E-Bay.
I have a 1500 watt inverter installed in the Bighorn if i need side-of-the-road power for this. Plenty of pressure and volume for topping off those 110 PSI large tires.

taskswap

I have the ViaAir as well and it's amazing... but I never use it. It's a big kit that will do ANYTHING. But... it's also a big kit.

Last year I picked up this Dewalt portable inflator:

I'm not a shill for them or anything but am definitely in love with it myself. I keep it in my truck rather than my camper and we use it for everything - tires (160psi max so it'll do a camper tire), sports balls, air mattresses, an inflatable boat that we bring sometimes, and even blowing out the lines when winterizing.

It runs off a battery and since I have other Dewalt tools I can also run a flashlight head or my driver off the same battery. So I always have an extra charged battery handy somewhere. But if I don't, it can also run off 120VAC or 12VDC. (Note that a common complaint is if you want to run it off 120V the cord for that is sold separately, so make sure you get it if you care.)

I would say the ViaAir 450 is a much faster / more powerful inflator. But it's also pretty expensive and bulky, and only does that one thing well. If you want a more compact and flexible option, the Dewalt is worth a look.

Piperflyer

I have the ViaAir as well and it's amazing... but I never use it. It's a big kit that will do ANYTHING. But... it's also a big kit.

Last year I picked up this Dewalt portable inflator:

I'm not a shill for them or anything but am definitely in love with it myself. I keep it in my truck rather than my camper and we use it for everything - tires (160psi max so it'll do a camper tire), sports balls, air mattresses, an inflatable boat that we bring sometimes, and even blowing out the lines when winterizing.

It runs off a battery and since I have other Dewalt tools I can also run a flashlight head or my driver off the same battery. So I always have an extra charged battery handy somewhere. But if I don't, it can also run off 120VAC or 12VDC. (Note that a common complaint is if you want to run it off 120V the cord for that is sold separately, so make sure you get it if you care.)

I would say the ViaAir 450 is a much faster / more powerful inflator. But it's also pretty expensive and bulky, and only does that one thing well. If you want a more compact and flexible option, the Dewalt is worth a look.
Thats the one to buy for sure