Portable Generator Fuel

SLO

For those that carry portable generators in a 5th wheel. Where do you carry your extra gas and how much do you carry?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

Bed of the pickup truck. I don't think I would want gas cans someplace inside the trailer to leak, smell, and blow up.

A 5 gal. can or two would be plenty. There are gas stations everywhere.

B

Boatman

Here's how we carry our generators and additional fuel (6 gals). The E2000 Honda's have a fuel pump so they suck the fuel from the tank. They are locked in, using a heavy cable.

GenRack.jpg

szewczyk_john

i use a 5 gallon metal gas can made from Eagle. So much better then those cheap plastic jugs. Plus the Eagles poor smoother than the plastic ones. In the bed of the truck.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Don’t carry for a generator but brought a couple of these home from our northern neighbors returning from AK. Beats the crappy CA compliant junk sold in the US.

http://civ.sceptermilitary.com/fuel_containers/
4855a5f5df132c6aac9ab2ebdf535816.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

RoadJunkie

There are at least two considerations for generator refueling; Quanity and ease of refueling. Quanity, for us, is based on emergency usage or dry camping. If we mostly plan on the availability of power I don’t carry more than a couple of gallons. More, of course if we are planning to be without shore power. For ease of refueling I have selected this poly fuel container . Best ease-of-use solution I have found. It does require care in packing in the bed of the truck as it is of poly construction, but is pretty much spill-free usage.