Possible to relocate exhaust and dumps...

kbsplus2

I have had several close calls going into the mountains of dragging or afraid of hitting genny exhaust and sewer dump outlet. Is it possible to reconfigure these to get them out of harms way?

kbsplus2

finally got the tank dumps changed....

Hired a plumber and he was able to reconfigure the dumps and get them moved out of harms way. He was even able to reuse the valves and outlet cap. Can't believe it couldn't have been done that way to begin with. Feeling much better about the mountain roads. Still have to tackle the exhaust from the genny. Will post before and after pics soon.:)

porthole

Retired
When exactly were you experiencing problems - would like to know to keep an eye out.

Right now the only time I have to be careful is getting in and out of my driveway. I have to dump all the air in the trucks air bags to clear the drive-street transition.

In this picture you can see my issue. If I don't dump the air the rear jacks and spare tire will hit. I am still not all the way down here. Was trying a different way to load the bike.

Another foot out of the drive and I am at the "hit" spot.

Attachments

• D30_4854.JPG
    D30_4854.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 75

kbsplus2

When exactly were you experiencing problems - would like to know to keep an eye out.

Right now the only time I have to be careful is getting in and out of my driveway. I have to dump all the air in the trucks air bags to clear the drive-street transition.

In this picture you can see my issue. If I don't dump the air the rear jacks and spare tire will hit. I am still not all the way down here. Was trying a different way to load the bike.

Another foot out of the drive and I am at the "hit" spot.
Sorry I missed your post, I thought I subscribed to the thread. Mine is mostly when I am crossing over the cut-outs on the forest service roads. You know the truck has crossed and now to drag the belly of the trailer...

kbsplus2

pics of the dump redo

took me longer to do the pics than it did for the plumber to do the work...HAHAHA
Before and after pics. Work is working fine. Still grit my teeth on the genny exhaust.

Attachments

• old trl sewer.JPG
    old trl sewer.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 65
  • sewer dump redone.JPG
    sewer dump redone.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 65