Post Goshen Rally Plans?

cjbearden

Visitor
Beginning to realize that several of you are going to be heading westward after the June Rally in Goshen. Recently talked with Txbobcat about this as he is also planning to travel West to Montana and other areas. We would like to discuss travel plans and possibility of a 'carvan' of sorts traveling to Montana.

Since many of you will be arriving early for the rally, if you are interested in the idea of traveling with fellow HL owners, please contact me or Bobcat. J.D. and I will be in site 476. Let's try to have a discussion about routing and where each one plans to stay along their respective routes.

We realize that people travel at different paces, like to depart at different times, and like to arrive at a destination RV park at different times. The basic thing is being able to know where others will be staying each night and be able to arrive there at one's own pace. We are not saying travel in true caravan style. Just know there is a planned route with various destinations and time schedules. I think there is some comfort factor in knowing that fellow owners are somewhere nearby in the event of RV or TV problems.

Think about it and if you are interested, we would be happy to hear from you.

C.J.

VixPix

Montana/Wyoming bound after Goshen

Currently, we plan to hitch up the Landmark and head to Montana and Wyoming following the rally. Will see you in Goshen.

Victor

Mariposa

traveling plans

after the rally we are heading to Texas for a short visit, just a few days I hope. Then we will be off to Montana, West Yellowstone. Daughter and family are living there.
Bob
Mariposa

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are planning to go north around the great lakes. Going thru Wisconsin, Minnesota, then go through North Dakota, Montana, Canada, Wyoming, South Dakota or Colorado, back to Texas. If everyone will keep their HOP accurate we can tell where everyone is located.

Like CJ, it would be nice to see our friends on the road and at campgrounds. Can you imagine pulling into a campground and meeting up with a number of other Heartland owners. Then having a camp fire gathering and everyone would be envious. Ah heck, at least they would wonder what is going on and might want to join.

I am going to start laying out a base plan of travel to see where we might go.

This is how we try to travel. Drive about 250 miles per day goal. 300 only if necessary and will go 150 or so if something is intresting. Stay two days minimum. Gives us a chance to see if anything is intresting and just rest easy.

We have no idea of any place to stay. Have been given a place or two but nothing firm about where we will stay.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It would be nice to finish off the NE US map. We only lack 3 states and that shouldn't be that hard to complete.