Potential buyer of a 2018 NORTH TRAIL 31BHDD

We are thinking of purchasing a NORTH TRAIL 31BHDD. We currently own a 2006 Forest River Rockwood Roo 23SS. Most of our camping buddies own Puma’s, and we also have been looking at the Keystone Bullet.

We really like the NT and want see what you all think of this particular model. Would also like to see if you have any advice or general thoughts on the NT compared to the other brands mentioned above.

Thanks in advance for your guidance and advice.

jimtoo

Hi GabbyDog22,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

cjb2283

I love our 2018 NT 28DBSS Caliber Edition. No complaints so far. Only thing I did was put a larger Fantastic fan and vent cover in the bathroom. I have had it for about 8 months now and had it out on several occasions. What sold me was the larger holding tanks, 2 grey tanks, 2 inch side walls, wide axles, wrap around roof and front cover, heated and enclosed belly, and obviously the floor plan and caliber package. Had it in the mountains in 10* with no issues and 90* with no issues. I get lots of compliments too!

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum. For our 1st TT we went with the NT21FBS. Biggest selling point was it seemed to be built better and just looked nicer than the others. Our only issue with it was it was to small. We then started moving up 1 foot at a time. Hope you don't make the same mistake.lol Good luck in your endeavor.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. My husband and I pulled the trigger yesterday and purchased the 2018 NORTH TRAIL 31BHDD. Our dealer didn't have one on the lot so it was ordered and is being built for us. We should get it around March. Can't wait for camping season 2018!

Sarah

Oregon_Camper

Thanks everyone for the welcome. My husband and I pulled the trigger yesterday and purchased the 2018 NORTH TRAIL 31BHDD. Our dealer didn't have one on the lot so it was ordered and is being built for us. We should get it around March. Can't wait for camping season 2018!

Sarah

Congrats on the purchase!!

Feel free to download the Pre-Delivery Document from the link in my signature file. Give yourself ~4 hours to complete this inspection process.

We have the same (2016) NT 31BHDD and love it. Only issue has been minor thus far and we use it a good bit. The LED Light Strip on the 2016 model is in the awning roller and has been replaced once (covered under warranty). I believe the newer models have the LED strip mounted on the side of the camper. Enjoy your North Trail!

IMG_3006.jpg
IMG_3007.jpg

Ncsteph

Hey there! Have you taken delivery of your 31bhdd yet? This is the same unit we want to get. I'd love to hear about your experience. Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi Ncsteph,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

Hey there! Have you taken delivery of your 31bhdd yet? This is the same unit we want to get. I'd love to hear about your experience. Thanks!

Hi, Yes we have taken delivery of our camper. We haven't had it out yet but can't wait to get camping! Please let me know if you have any specific questions.