Potential new owner!

LOL I had my little TrailRunner Scout 14RB parked in Amherstberg back in the summer of 2014 and someone left a card for this group on my windshield. I thought it was such a nice "handshake". However, I had already made the decision to trade up so I never pursued it.
Now I'm back! The "trade up" Coachmen Clipper has completely rusted out so I'm looking again, and a 21RBSS looks like my dream trailer (within my tow capacity!)
I've been lax in my research in the past so I'm looking forward to reading up on the good and not-so-good before I make my final decision...

taskswap

You're probably going to hear this a lot from others. But IMO Heartland is a mixed bag. They have some really innovative floor plans and a ton of potential. But bring your toolbox to the picket because something will fall off on the drive home...

Sadly, I think this is the case with all manufacturers, especially those in my price range :(
Some people are thinking it could be getting better now that they’re not frantically cranking out the new units for all the covid campers?
I guess it’s a roll of the dice, but my current trailer is unsafe and I’m not willing to do without so…

david-steph2018

Sadly, I think this is the case with all manufacturers, especially those in my price range :(
Some people are thinking it could be getting better now that they’re not frantically cranking out the new units for all the covid campers?
I guess it’s a roll of the dice, but my current trailer is unsafe and I’m not willing to do without so…
Good thinking, every manufacturer has issues, it does not matter which brand. There are only so many manufacturers of windows, doors, stoves, etc.....
Recently a 5th wheel manufacturer shut down their 5th wheel line to focus more on their Class A line.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We are on our 3rd Heartland product. We started out with a 2006 Bighorn 3500RL, traded it in for a 2009 Landmark Augusta and recently we upgrade again to a 2021 Heartland 3120RK with full body paint. To be honest, we were actually looking at other manufacturers but this one was a left over model and the price was right. Like all others, it needed some immediate warranty work done but so far our dealer has been doing a good job. I've watched many YouTube videos of all sorts of manufacturers products and unfortunately it is inevitable that you will have to fix something. This group right here has been invaluable over the years for information.
Good luck with whatever way you go,
Mark

carl.swoyer

Has nothing to do with Your price range.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

D-K_21RBSS

I did it! Just pulled the trigger on a 2023 North Trail 21RBSS! I wanted a couple of extras so it's being built for me...fingers crossed for late March! Soooooo excited!!!
Congratulations on your new 21RBSS! We have a 2020 21RBSS Caliber and love the floor plan. It is a great couples unit. Yes we did have some issues on our first trip (wire harness for the slideout overhead lights was not secured properly and landed on a tire. Wore right through the cover and the wires! At least it was an easy rest stop fix till we got home) And some minor interior trim issues but it is a solid unit. Enjoy!

Congratulations on your new 21RBSS! We have a 2020 21RBSS Caliber and love the floor plan. It is a great couples unit. Yes we did have some issues on our first trip (wire harness for the slideout overhead lights was not secured properly and landed on a tire. Wore right through the cover and the wires! At least it was an easy rest stop fix till we got home) And some minor interior trim issues but it is a solid unit. Enjoy!
Thank you! The dealership is about 8 hours and across the border from home so I plan on doing a very thorough inspection prior to handing over the money! I’m relatively handy (for a somewhat broken mid-fifties female 🤣) so I can fix any minor stuff, but hopefully there’s nothing major! The Couch’s “dealer network” has a couple of nearby service centers but I don’t imagine I’d get priority!
I loved my first trailer, a little 14 foot trail runner scout, but I traded it in for something slightly bigger because my hubby decided he wanted to give camping a try. Now that we have ascertained that he is NOT a camper (“do you know how many nice hotel rooms you could get for that much money? 🤣), this one is all me and the dogs!
I can’t wait!

D-K_21RBSS

The dealership is about 8 hours and across the border from home
"
I feel your pain! Our dealer sold out to Camping World the year after we bought ours (Oh we don't carry that brand anymore). Now our nearest North Trail dealer is twice as far. We have had other maintenance type problems, the slideout wiper seals are pretty flimsy and had to be replaced (easy and order from Amazon) and the worst has been a bracket on an upper slideout cable tore off. Not a hard fix, but . . . Anyway, lots of You Tube vids to help with any problems. (ps - broken down late 60's here):D

I feel your pain! Our dealer sold out to Camping World the year after we bought ours (Oh we don't carry that brand anymore). Now our nearest North Trail dealer is twice as far. We have had other maintenance type problems, the slideout wiper seals are pretty flimsy and had to be replaced (easy and order from Amazon) and the worst has been a bracket on an upper slideout cable tore off. Not a hard fix, but . . . Anyway, lots of You Tube vids to help with any problems. (ps - broken down late 60's here):D
I’ve been spending inordinate amounts of time on YouTube. I feel like at this point I’m probably more qualified to repair a lot of things than most Camping World techs 🤣
I was very anti-slide when I purchased before, but I just fell in love with this floor plan! Potential slide issues are a little intimidating but I’m up to it!