power cord reel on 2021 newport.

Tomnbeth

My power cord reel keep jamming. When fully extended I can hold the retract button and the cord retreats back onto the reel. As soon as i release the retract button the reel free spools in the opposite direction and the cord becomes all loose on the reel. This causes the cord to "birds nest" on the reel and become jammed. is the reel supposed to have a brake or clutch to stop it reversing?

Attachments

• 20220522_121936.jpg
    20220522_121936.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

Tomnbeth

Mine does. I have to reverse the switch before it unreels.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Thanks Trailcreek. Do you have a 2021 Newport. My previous 2 coaches had a 2 way switch, one direction for extend and one for retract. This one only has retract and I have to physically pull the cord out.

normb01

Our 2021 Tucson has the same reel. This is the "New" style. Hate it. When we roll up the cord, my wife uses the switch and I guide the cable. It takes practice, but we get it done.

Tomnbeth

Thanks for the feedback Norm. I basically do the same thing as you. I guide the cable onto the reel while holding the switch. When the reel is amost rewound I quckly grab the spool to stop it from backing up. Then i pull the cable across the top of the spool over to the right side of the spool and fold the plug back to the left. This jams the plug against the cable stopping the spool from moving. It has worked good so far.