Power invertor

Hambizil

I have a 2020 heartland bighorn 3870fb. My fridge went out and i installed a resedntial. There are 2 wires in the battery storage compartment that are zip tied up after coming through the 2all and not hooked to anything. Could thise be running back to the fridge outlet? Is that where a power invertor can be hooked up to go from 12v to 110 to that outlet.

TrailCreek

I would run #1 or 1/0 wire to a 12 volt to 110 volt inverter in the front bay and 14/2 w/G romex to the fridge for 110 volt power if its not in the slide. The higher the voltage, the smaller the wire size. Running romex would be easier and cheaper. I just had to rewire mine in the kitchen slide after a blowout and ran 14/3 extension cord in blue flex conduit between the frame and fridge. You could run 14/3 cord instead of romex.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

taskswap

That's a tiny wire. Can't tell from the pic but looks like 16-18ga. I really doubt it's for a fridge, more likely it's for something like a light circuit, an inverter "remote switch" or something like that...

I can't speak for the bighorn but my Milestone's fridge circuit is standard 12ga romex, the same stuff you'd have in your house. Kinda hard to imagine they'd do it differently in your case...

TrailCreek

Heartland uses 14/3 black extension cord between the frame and where it goes up into the slideout floor. They terminate in a 4x box in the slide or a single gang shallow expanded box and run romex to receptacles. Romex is run from the panel to a J-box on the frame, then the cord in split wire cover under the slide.
242c0f4b7a6992c99f1515b4eb7f168d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk