Power to the pump will not shut off

mikeandconnie

Power to my Shurflo water pump will not shut off

My Shurflo water pump 12 volt power will not shut off. I tried the panel switch and there is no light but the UDC switch light stays on no matter what you do. . I can disconnect the wire at the switches and the pump still runs. I took the connector off the pump today until I find out the fix. Has any one else had this problem? Is there a relay? If,so where could be?.

Thanks for any help
Mike

danemayer

Hi Mike,

I expect your water pump control switch inside the coach is on the KIB Control Panel. That switch activates a relay on one of 3 relay boards (probably the center board of the 3). The switch in the UDC makes/breaks a ground signal that toggles the relay operation.

My guess would be that either the button on the Control Panel is stuck, or the relay is stuck.

Unfortunately, I don't know the location of the control boards to check them. I've seen them on one coach, at the bottom of a coat closet around the corner from the control panel. They're covered by a removable panel.

We've got pictures and wiring block diagrams of the KIB system in the KIB Multi-Plex Control System user guide. They might be helpful in running down the cause.

mikeandconnie

Thanks Dan, I would have never fould it without your help. It was the relay. I had to crack the top of it and break the contactors apart but its working now. I also look every where for the fuse to be shocked all of them behid the wall. See the attached pictures. Hope this helps someone in the future.

What really happened today was I cut my water off and disconnected my toilet line for a repair. I looked back a few minutes later and water was running every where and the pump was running and would not shut off. I big mess before I got the the battery cut off.

A Big Thank You

Mike

Attachments

• 1548563277557.jpg
    1548563277557.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 1548563038233.jpg
    1548563038233.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 1548564710597.jpg
    1548564710597.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

danemayer

Thanks Dan, I would have never fould it without your help. It was the relay. I had to crack the top of it and break the contactors apart but its working now. I also look every where for the fuse to be shocked all of them behid the wall. See the attached pictures. Hope this helps someone in the future.

What really happened today was I cut my water off and disconnected my toilet line for a repair. I looked back a few minutes later and water was running every where and the pump was running and would not shut off. I big mess before I got the the battery cut off.

A Big Thank You

Mike

Mike,

If your rig is still under the 2 year warranty, I'd ask Heartland to send a replacement board. If it gets stuck again, you'll have the part in hand.

bkgarcia

A Big Thank You

Mike

Mike my relay is bad to
where did you purchase this relay the name on it is durakool ( DG31H-3011-35-1012)ts not crossing over to anything.
Thanks Brian

mikeandconnie

Hi,
I got my relay from Heartland under warranty but I could have order it directly from Kib at my exspence. So far mine is still working since unsticking it with a small screw driver after cracking the back of the relay. I do plan to change it soon.

Kib 1-800-250-7051

CDN

B and B
Hello,

My new Landmark with KIB had the same thing happen. The relay was latched on. I pulled 12 volt disconnect and this reset the latching condition. Has not done it since the first trip issue.

Brian

rmeyer

Had the same problem. KIB told me to turn off battery switch and reboot. This worked on second try. Has been working for a month with no issues. KIB and Heartland were very helpful.

Had the same problem. KIB told me to turn off battery switch and reboot. This worked on second try. Has been working for a month with no issues. KIB and Heartland were very helpful.
This forum is awesome. I too had the same issue and my fix for this turned out to powering down the entire RV. Shutting down just the 12 volt system didn’t work for me .

danemayer

This forum is awesome. I too had the same issue and my fix for this turned out to powering down the entire RV. Shutting down just the 12 volt system didn’t work for me .
If on shore power, even after turning the battery cutoff to OFF, the Power Converter will still supply 12V DC to the KIB Multi-Plex system.

Mike my relay is bad to
where did you purchase this relay the name on it is durakool ( DG31H-3011-35-1012)ts not crossing over to anything.
Thanks Brian
I believe I may be having the same issue. I would like to change out the relay but I don’t know what it looks like or where it might be . Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

I believe I may be having the same issue. I would like to change out the relay but I don’t know what it looks like or where it might be . Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

I'd look in the cabinets at the front end of the kitchen to see if you can spot a removable panel. Behind it you'll find 3 circuit boards. I believe the middle board is the Relay Board and the water pump is at the top left. Our KIB Multi-Plex User Guide has pictures and diagrams that may help.

A power on reset may get you past the problem in the short run. You'll have to cut the circuit breaker to the Power Converter, and the battery cutoff switch (both if not sure which is which).