Pre Wired camera

Lost_my_beer

Thx Dave.
Guess I need to hook up the truck and dig out the meter. I was hoping someone remembered which color wire was what!
I had to chuckle a bit when I read “digital” volt meter. I still have an old analog unit that has always been my trusty go to! Lol
Troy

Rysonn

How did u tell they were wired backwards? I am in the same boat, good cam, no power when hooked up.
Pigtail behind the cam has a red and blk wire. They are wired to a white and a white with yellow stripe. Red is with wht/yellow and the blk is with the white. Is that correct?
I did find an inline fuse in the batt compartment all by itself, but it already has a 10a fuse.
I guess my question is, which wire is power, and which is ground?
Pulling my hair out too!
Any insite would be mucho appreciated.
Troy

For mine the solid white was the ground and the stripped white was the positive. They had the black camera wire going to stripped and red to the solid white in my case. I switched them and everything worked.

Lost_my_beer

Ok. Had time to go out and fiddle a bit. Already checked the fuse and it looked good. Put a meter on the fuse block where the hot lead for the cam went-13ish. Checked the connector past the fuse-less than .5amp! Pulled fuse and it visually looked good. Tested and no ohms! Replaced 15 a fuse with another new one, and viola-power!
shoulda used the meter instead of my old man eyes the first time! Lol
Troy

Attachments

• B1BC5EE7-2574-4310-991B-9ABCDB493736.jpeg
    B1BC5EE7-2574-4310-991B-9ABCDB493736.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 21

Why_Not

In our CY, it is in the front compartment with all the main trailer components and wiring....batteries, circuit breakers, hydraulics, and the "mass" of wiring. Look for a single fuse holder...it is possibly a plastic/rubber holder with a removable cap. If you do have such, and it does not have a fuse, that may be it. It also may not even be hooked to pos and neg from the factory.
Thank you very much for your post. It has been my experience that this Forum is the best place to look for help. I have had no luck asking questions like this of a dealer. Last night, after inspecting everything at the hookup point for the rear camera on my 2018 Cyclone 4200 and verifying there was indeed no power going to that point, I found this thread and read through it. Keeping your reply in mind, I opened up the front compartment this morning and found a yellow and white wire, which was the same color as the power feed to the rear camera. I opened up the fuse container and there was no fuse, just as you said. So, I put in a fuse and, lo and behold, that solved my problem. I am actually OK with having the camera on all the time. I'll keep the monitor in the house and I can look at the area behind our fifth wheel any time I care to. Take care!

Reactions: LBR

david-steph2018

Just remember it is hot all the time, especially when you park it without being plugged in to power. There will always be a drain on your battery, did it one time when we first got it home, I thought the camera would be off.
On our if you go out and look at the camera I see a little "blue" light on the top of the camera.

LBR

Thank you very much for your post. It has been my experience that this Forum is the best place to look for help. I have had no luck asking questions like this of a dealer. Last night, after inspecting everything at the hookup point for the rear camera on my 2018 Cyclone 4200 and verifying there was indeed no power going to that point, I found this thread and read through it. Keeping your reply in mind, I opened up the front compartment this morning and found a yellow and white wire, which was the same color as the power feed to the rear camera. I opened up the fuse container and there was no fuse, just as you said. So, I put in a fuse and, lo and behold, that solved my problem. I am actually OK with having the camera on all the time. I'll keep the monitor in the house and I can look at the area behind our fifth wheel any time I care to. Take care!
I rewired ours so it only comes on when our truck's taillights are on....otherwise, camera is off.

Why_Not

Just remember it is hot all the time, especially when you park it without being plugged in to power. There will always be a drain on your battery, did it one time when we first got it home, I thought the camera would be off.
On our if you go out and look at the camera I see a little "blue" light on the top of the camera.
Not an issue for us because we're never parked for more than an hour without being plugged in to power. And when we are, we're hooked to the truck. :)

Why_Not

I rewired ours so it only comes on when our truck's taillights are on....otherwise, camera is off.
I might consider putting in a switch, but I like the idea of being able to use it as an outside monitor behind the Cyclone.

bob.karen

They've done them at least 2 different ways. One for cameras that are only used for backup. I think they only get power when the tow vehicle backup lights are on. The other way is for cameras that give you a view of traffic behind you. Power is continuous.
2017 bIghorn 3870FB here. we have continuous power connection. the little blue power light is on as long as i have the batteries on and our connected to shore power. the trailer does not have to be hooked up to the tow vehicle for the power light on the camera to come on. when the blue light is on, the camera works. sometimes the blue light goes out and the camera does not work of course. i am loosing power to the camera intermittently. the issue must be at the sourse but where is the source? the camper pre-wired for a back up camera. any suggestions would be great help. i have had it at the repair shop twice, and of course it worked while its there. please help!