Problem with "moving" slide seal

jdfishing

As I travel down the highway, the "bulb or D seal", I believe it's called, that is attached to the side of the trailer across the top of the slide works it's way out of the track toward the front so that I can have one or two feet of seal sticking out after a two hour drive. Heartland replaced the screws in each end while in Goshen, but the problem continues. Now the seal is deformed and the end no longer fits in the track. Any ideas on the cause and how difficult is it to replace the seal?

pegmikef

I had the same problem with my old NT. I just called Heartland customer service and they sent me a new seal. Have your vin and the length of the needed seal available. On mine there was just keep screws on each end. Once the screws were out, I slid the deformed seal out and slid the new one in.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you replace the seal. You can use either 3M weatherstrip black or the yellow (gorilla snot). The yellow will dry faster as the black takes alot longer to dry. This is used to hold automoblie weatherstrips in place. Just make sure you have the new seal where you want it before it dries. Any auto store should have it.

wdk450

I used a cabinetry "mending plate" and additional screws on each end of the seal in place of the factory screw and washer which pulled through the rubber.
mending plate.jpg

b4ubuyrv

Order Replacement D Seal, installation takes 5 minutes, per vertical Wiper seal, secure top and bottom with screws, Seal edge with Silicone sealant.