Problem with seal on slide out.

ww8q

I have a 2017 Heartland Pioneer RV. This morning, when cleaning the top of the slide out, I noticed a rubber seal sticking out from the wiper seal (not sure what it is called). My question is, can I access the interior of the slide out to gain access to this seal and put this back in place? If so, how difficult is it to remove the interior trip. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

qMRB4iTDQeuPKy8lxHmBaA.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda hard to tell what that seal looks like in your picture but most seals are somehow accessible for replacement.
Have you lifted that wiper seal and looked at where the problematic one attached?

Peace
Dave

ww8q

Kinda hard to tell what that seal looks like in your picture but most seals are somehow accessible for replacement.
Have you lifted that wiper seal and looked at where the problematic one attached?

Peace
Dave
Yes, I tried lifting the wiper seal with the slide out only a few inches out, but was not able to see the other seal until the slide out was all the way out. I have added two other photos that might shed some light on this.
image1.jpg

image2.jpg

danemayer

If an exterior seal, look at the ends. If interior, pull the slide in at least part way and stand on a step ladder to get a look at the ends.

wardrod

looking for slideout seal on 2021 fuel 320 for living room slideout any info on ordering part# etc appreciate

Richard F

I have the same issue. I can replace the outside slide seal, (if I can find the right parts); however, there is also a slide seal on the inside. How the heck to you replace that one? Does anyone know if you slide it out from the top, or what. Can't find anything on you tube. It is like the 2017 North trail is the only one that has them.

Last edited: