Problème Norcold 2118

Pedro507

hello, I have a Bighorn2016 fifth wheel trailer, model 3270RS, my problem is this: when I get to my lot, the 15amp fuse is burnt, I put a new fuse and the fridge starts again !!! with you any idea of the problem ?? thank you

danemayer

Your title says Frigidaire, which would be a residential refrigerator running on 120V AC. What 15 amp fuse are having a problem with?

Pedro507

I'm sorry, I misspoke, this is a Norcold model # 2118, it runs on 115v and propane gas. it is the 12 volt fuse that operates the digital screen, I hope I had better explain myself .... thank you

danemayer

Check the wires and cable guide under the slide where the fridge sits. Sometimes the wires can short where they go through the frame or elsewhere on the way into the slide.

wdk450

I had the same exact problem with my Dometic refrigerator a number of years back and found that the +12 volts DC power wire from the 12 volt DC fuse panel was tightly pulled around a corner on the metal base of the refrigerator in the rear (outside access panel area) to the point where a very small section of wire insulation was rubbed off. This metal base for the refrigerator is grounded to the -12 volts of the battery system. This caused an intermittent short circuit when the wire was vibrated just so, and blew the fuse intermittently.