Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C

Dahillbilly

Anyone have the digital screen just stay black? Unit is allowing power to pass though hooked to a 20amp GFIC outlet at home. Microwave & 110vac outlets working in & outside of basement.
Thanks

Bogie

I have never had a problem with mine. There really isn't much to check. If you are sure the cord between the unit and the screen is in good condition and plugged in properly, there is not much more you can check.

I would suggest contacting Progressive Dynamics Technical support at 1-800-307-6702 - press 2

Or you can email them at tech.progressive@oneasg.com

SLO

I think on mine. The remote display has a toggle switch on the front. The switch allows power to go through the EMS or bypass the EMS. Bypass = power to trailer but no EMS protection. Perhaps your switch is in bypass position.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

I wonder if you do not have a shorting type pigtail adapter into your 50 amp shorepower cord, and are only getting 110 volts AC on 1 phase, L1 or L2? Maybe the logic electronics for the EMS HWC-50 is only gets board power from 1 phase, not the phase that is live with your setup.

Dahillbilly

UPDATE everyone, after checking both ends & replugging them in a few times and nothing I decided to give the the upper end a tug & low and behold it was cut innto. Some critter must have chewed it into , checked all other wiring with mirror & flashlight no other damage seen. Was able to splice the tiny wires together & all is working just fine.
The readout does work with only one leg on a 20 amp circuit.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

wdk450

Congrats on finding the problem. I have seen my display do all sorts of wild numbers and displays from really bad power (gave a steady 888 for the volts readings one time due to bad logic board), but it never blanked out on me like it did for you. You DO know that the interconnect cord between the box and readout is a standard telephone handset-type cable (4 conductors, 4 pin connector).

Dahillbilly

Congrats on finding the problem. I have seen my display do all sorts of wild numbers and displays from really bad power (gave a steady 888 for the volts readings one time due to bad logic board), but it never blanked out on me like it did for you. You DO know that the interconnect cord between the box and readout is a standard telephone handset-type cable (4 conductors, 4 pin connector).
I didn't even think of that & I know I have spare cords here somplace in the house. Time to toss a spare in the RV