Propane regulator recall

2Stepn

I received notice from Heartland the the propane regulator on my trailer may be part of a safety recall. I have read on another rv manufactures website that only certain regulator date codes were actually part of the recall. I contacted Heartland to verify the date code information and heartland gave me a non response.
Does anyone have information on this recall beyond the Heartland mail out notice? Its a pain in the you know what to try to get an appointment at the dealership in which I bought the trailer, and if this recall doesn't apply to my trailer it would be nice to not have to deal with the dealership. Thanks

Hollandt

I received notice from Heartland the the propane regulator on my trailer may be part of a safety recall. I have read on another rv manufactures website that only certain regulator date codes were actually part of the recall. I contacted Heartland to verify the date code information and heartland gave me a non response.
Does anyone have information on this recall beyond the Heartland mail out notice? Its a pain in the you know what to try to get an appointment at the dealership in which I bought the trailer, and if this recall doesn't apply to my trailer it would be nice to not have to deal with the dealership. Thanks
Found the following recalls on RVs. Appears to be related to Winntec model 6020 two-stage propane regulator. Note the Heartland recall at the bottom below is for improperly tightened gas line not the regulator.

Jayco Inc. is recalling 87,649 2017-2018 Jayco Designer, 2017-2021 Eagle HT, Eagle, Jay Feather, Jay Flight SLX, Jay Flight, North Point, Octane Superlite, Pinnacle, White Hawk, 2017-2020 Eagle HT, 2018-2021 Jay Flight Bungalow, 2017-2019 Octane, and 2019-2020 Eagle HTX travel trailers and fifth wheels equipped with a Winntec model 6020 two-stage propane regulator. The regulator may fail, causing an increase in propane pressure.

• KZRV is recalling 100 2018-2019 KZ RV Sidewinder vehicles equipped with a Winntec model 6020 two-stage propane regulator. The regulator may fail, causing an increase in propane pressure.

• Keystone RV Company is recalling 80,000 2019 Keystone Bullet, Sprinter, and 2020 Keystone Hideout vehicles equipped with a Winntec model 6020 two-stage propane regulator. The regulator may fail, causing an increase in propane pressure.

• Highland Ridge RV is recalling 3,072 2020-2021 Mesa Ridge Limited, Mesa Ridge Lite, Open Range Light, Open Range Ultra Lite, 2019-2020 Mesa Ridge, 2019-2021 Open Range, 2020 Silverstar Limited and Silverstar Lite fifth wheel and travel trailers equipped with a Winntec model 6020 two-stage propane regulator. The regulator may fail, causing an increase in propane pressure.

• StarCraft RV is recalling 11,853 2017 Starcraft AR-One MAXX, Autumn Ridge SCS, Travel Star EXP, 2018-2021 Autumn Ridge Outfitter, 2017-2019 Autumn Ridge, Launch Ultra Lite, 2018-2019 Avalon, GPS, Launch Outfitter, 2019 Mossy Oak Lite, 2019-2020 Mossy Oak, Mossy Oak Ultra Lite, 2018 Solstice, 2017-2018 Solstice Super Lite, 2018-2020 Telluride, and 2019-2021 Super Lite travel trailers and fifth wheels equipped with a Winntec model 6020 two-stage propane regulator. The regulator may fail, causing an increase in propane pressure.

• Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC is recalling 2,486 2021 Mallard, Wilderness, Trail Runner and 2020-2021 North Trail trailers. The LP gas lines may not have been tightened properly on the outside cooktops, which could result in a gas leak.

Hollandt

Heartland recalls trailers with Winntec propane regulators​

The regulator may fail and cause a fire​

james-limbach_head_shot_micro.png

James LimbachReporter

Photo
Photo source: Heartland RVHeartland Recreational Vehiclesis recalling 22,326 model year 2018-2021 Mallard, Shadow Cruiser, Sundance XLTTT, Wilderness, Prowler & Trail Runner, model year 2018-2019 Pioneer & Terry Classic, model year 2020-2021 Lithium, and model year 2021 North Trail trailers with a Winntec model 6020 two-stage propane regulator.

The regulator may fail, causing an increase in propane pressure.
Increased propane pressure can enlarge the flames in gas appliances, increasing the risk of a fire.

What to do​

Dealers will replace the regulator and test the propane system for leaks free of charge.
Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed August 4, 2021.
Owners may contact Heartland customer service at (877) 262-8032.

My regulator came with this flaw from the beginning and hardly let the heater run at all the pressure was so high. I replaced it myself right away, it’s not worth dealing with the appointments to tow in for this, just buy and swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My regulator came with this flaw from the beginning and hardly let the heater run at all the pressure was so high. I replaced it myself right away, it’s not worth dealing with the appointments to tow in for this, just buy and swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lordmorgul, which regulator did you replace yours with?