Proper Way to Bleed My Titan Hydraulic over Electric Disc Brakes

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Is it recommended to pull the Emergency Switch Clip to activate the Pump while I am bleeding the brakes? If so, how long can you leave the pump running, I heard that you can over heat the pump. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also anything else I need to know, before attempting this?

Thanks ahead of time for your input. Tom

Background;

I need to replace a Hydraulic Brake Hose and retainer bracket and clip; damaged with a Tire Ply separation.

Thanks to Michael Barnett of Performance Trailer Braking, I should have the parts by Saturday, 4/27. In time to put the brakes back to working order, before towing from home the Les Schwab for new tires and Pan Pacific RV to have the remaining structural, electrical, and propane copper tubing damage.

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Glad I was able to help. For those that might not know, we stock all parts that are needed for any repair of the Titan and Kodiak systems. We do not stock anything for the Hydrastar Actuator, as we use the Titan Brakerite EHB. We can ship overnight if needed, and we only charge for parts and actual shipping costs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Is it recommended to pull the Emergency Switch Clip to activate the Pump while I am bleeding the brakes? If so, how long can you leave the pump running, I heard that you can over heat the pump. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also anything else I need to know, before attempting this?

Thanks ahead of time for your input. Tom

Background;

I need to replace a Hydraulic Brake Hose and retainer bracket and clip; damaged with a Tire Ply separation.

Thanks to Mike of Performance Trailer Braking, I should have the parts in the next few days. In time to put the brakes back to working order, before towing from home the Les Schwab for new tires and Pan Pacific RV to have the remaining structural, electrical, and propane copper tubing damage.
Bleeding the brakes.
For me I like to just turn the pump on right before I open the bleed valve.
I use a roll of wire going from my pin box juction box, and a portable push button from Harbor freight.
The I can actuate it from underneath.
Or you can easily use these cool posi-tap connectors.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

41ae032d0d9b24245cefa3bb22ed4c53.jpg
1697ac57f63e954914c1a23f4f2750ed.jpg
8a4e65c5e39fe72f5d6c48c53f77ea31.jpg
20ee8793e0a0b6b1ac92730b2ceab0c1.jpg
14c06326f761ec73390f223b055a0f03.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Jerrod, Thanks for your input. Per our conversation today, I will connect the remote switch leads: 1. Positive Terminal and 2. the blue brake wire in your box you installed on my rig. Tested it with a jumper lead and the pump Disc Brake Actuator activates.

Note: The Emergency Brake Switch's Orange wire does connect to the Positive Terminal in Jerrod's Box and the Black Wire is connected to a separate wire (if I remember right, it was the ground wire that ran from 7 pin as ground for the electric magnets, that were disconnected with the disc brakes) that goes directly to the pump's brown wire, it activates the pump via this wire when the breakaway switch is activated.

Tom Chinn

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not to steal the thread, but has anyone found the supplier of the 12v wire that Heartland uses.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk