Pull Out Storage next to residential fridge

Bones

When you opt for the residential fridge the storage next to it is very small and may better be served by pull out cabinets instead of the door style cabinet. Just like a spice rack cabinet except bigger with shelves.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
I agree, I tried looking for various storage bins that will fit in that cabinet and cannot find any. I don't anticipate having many canned goods so I don't really know what will be stored in those compartments. I love the full size refrigerator as I wonder how I will go from two refrigerators in my S&B to one on the road when we retire; seems condiments multiply at home. Goal for 2015, downsize to one frig at home and get ready for retirement travels!

Michelle Blake aka Rangelady

Chippendale

No splinters under my fingernails, so I wouldn't be attempting this, but Bones' idea of the pull out pantry sounds good to me. Wonder if a cabinet guy could take that side of the ref cabinets apart and put it back together with maybe a metal slide out shelf unit in there instead of the wooden shelves. He would have to make a tall narrow single door instead of the two that are there now. Would also have to trim the inside of the fascia boards because every inch of width would be needed.

My guess is that I am just exercising my fingers because had there been a way to do it, I am sure Heartland would have. As it is, that is almost unusable wasted space. Just wishful thinking.

Bones

No splinters under my fingernails, so I wouldn't be attempting this, but Bones' idea of the pull out pantry sounds good to me. Wonder if a cabinet guy could take that side of the ref cabinets apart and put it back together with maybe a metal slide out shelf unit in there instead of the wooden shelves. He would have to make a tall narrow single door instead of the two that are there now. Would also have to trim the inside of the fascia boards because every inch of width would be needed.

My guess is that I am just exercising my fingers because had there been a way to do it, I am sure Heartland would have. As it is, that is almost unusable wasted space. Just wishful thinking.

I think it would be possible but may take time to do and some careful measuring. I think you would have to open up the face frame some to avoid loosing valuable space. When done The pull out shelf would work better for storage due to ease of access. My thought would be to have the ball bearing slides sideways on the same side of the fridge spaced vertically. You would only be able to get things out on one side but might be easier when retrofitting the cabinet.