Purchased a new 2017 Landmark 365 Newport

jbeletti

Big oops! Will certainly pay more attention to it in the future! We still love it though! Up early this morning to get it packed up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. We'd love to meet you guys at an Arizona or other Mountain Region chapter rally!

Wanderlust

Please consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. We'd love to meet you guys at an Arizona or other Mountain Region chapter rally!

We plan to... between selling our house and purchasing our new camper/truck, packing, moving ...been hard to do it all at once! But we will join hopeful this weekend! Would love to meet some fellow owners soon!

jbeletti

Wanderlust - thinking about this more, once re-installed, on your own, if you want more piece of mind, consider this...

Using a nylon buckle strap, fasten the mounting tabs on each end of it to the left and right just behind the TV about half way up. Then on travel days, pull the 2 end of the strap out, move the TV into the latched position, snap the strap together in front of the TV and pull the adjuster on the strap snug. Consider padding or wrapping a wash cloth around the strap buckle to prevent abrasion on the screen.

strap (1).jpg

Wanderlust

Wanderlust - thinking about this more, once re-installed, on your own, if you want more piece of mind, consider this...

Using a nylon buckle strap, fasten the mounting tabs on each end of it to the left and right just behind the TV about half way up. Then on travel days, pull the 2 end of the strap out, move the TV into the latched position, snap the strap together in front of the TV and pull the adjuster on the strap snug. Consider padding or wrapping a wash cloth around the strap buckle to prevent abrasion on the screen.

lol it's like you read my mind... was in bed last night thinking of just this! Great minds think alike! I believe I was the last one to latch it yesterday as we did the walk through and remember it was hard to tell of it was latched or not. Good idea! Thank you!

povelkom

We just got the same rig in December and love it. We are full timers too with a few years left to work. Best decision we made to sell our big house and to live this dream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

jbeletti

lol it's like you read my mind... was in bed last night thinking of just this! Great minds think alike! I believe I was the last one to latch it yesterday as we did the walk through and remember it was hard to tell of it was latched or not. Good idea! Thank you!

If your dealer will be making the repair for you, it's likely they will have a nylon buckle strap and can add that for you.

Jim
Brother from another mother?

Wanderlust

We just got the same rig in December and love it. We are full timers too with a few years left to work. Best decision we made to sell our big house and to live this dream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It is exciting. We did this for a year in our 29 ft trailer and that was tight we we were so happy in that camper. Yesterday when we were cleaning it to start loading the camper, I looked over at the hubby and laughed at how dang far he was! This unit is massive! But we love it! We too have a few years left to work but can't wait to move in in a few weeks! Congrats! I too feel this is a great decision For us!