Purchasing a 2022 Cyclone 4270

brussell

Hello Fellow Campers -

I am currently in the process of purchasing a gently used 2022 Cyclone 4270. This is my first 5th wheel camper/toy hauler (several travel trailers, and a motorcoach) and I am just wondering if there is anything specific on these units that I need to look for. This is a one owner camper that has been very well maintained over its short life span and has only been used a few times so everything at a glance is in great shape. Just looking over a few youtube videos it seems a suspension upgrade is pretty common over the factory springs. Anything else that's a must? Just looking for some general overall experience with this unit. Thank you in advance.

jmarnell

We have a Cyclone 4005, and can heartily recommend the upgrade to the MorRyde Independent Suspension system. While pricey, the difference in the ride is tremendous and should save wear and tear on the rig. Disc brakes are another great upgrade for these heavy toy haulers. We had both upgrades done at the MorRyde service center in Elkart, Indiana. Early on I also installed water shutoff valves on all the waterlines at the faucets and toilets so if I need to do a repair the water can be turned off for that one fixture rather than the whole rig.

Last edited:

brussell

We have a Cyclone 4005, and can heartily recommend the upgrade to the MorRyde Independent Suspension system. While pricey, the difference in the ride is tremendous and should save wear and tear on the rig. Disc brakes are another great upgrade for these heavy toy haulers. We had both upgrades done at the MorRyde service center in Elkart, Indiana.
What does a setup like that run to have installed?

david-steph2018

We had the MorRyde IS installed in October 2020, at that time it was $1000/wheel. Our IS System was $6500.
Disc brakes we had Performance Trailer Braking do our brakes during the 2019 National Rally. Cost at that time for our brakes was $4275.

jmarnell

Our installation at MorRyde for the 3 axle IS and disc brakes, including tax, was about $10,800. But that was 2 years ago, and I'm sure like everything else prices have gone up since then.

LBR

Print out the entire checklist Oregon Camper has provided on this site....wear old clothes and plan on about 6 hours to complete your inspection.