Purple Mattress Issues?

We are new to RV life and just purchased a 2021 Bighorn Traveler. We sold our home and plan to go on the road soon. Last year we found the perfect mattress for both of us--it's the Purple Hybrid 3. It's a queen, and our RV came with a very very firm king. We took that mattress out and cut the board to make it fit a queen since that's what we're used to, and it will make it easier to get into the closet. I am just wondering if there's a weight limit for the mattress on that board. Our Purple mattress weighs about 150 pounds! Does anyone else have a heavy mattress on theirs? If so, did you have to replace those suspension arms under the bed with something stronger to lift and hold up the bed?

We're looking forward to making our RV comfortable and hearing about how others succeeded. :)

I'm not sure how much of our information automatically shows up at the bottom, so I guess I will see after I hit enter. :rolleyes:

Garypowell

We purchased a foam mattress for our 2013 and have never had a problem with the weight. Well....other than trying to move it around since it was a king and filled the space.

I bought some sticky tiles that were glossy and laid them down on the wood and it made the mattress easier rot slide around.....and even with that extra weight no problems.

since you have gone down to queen I don’t think you’ll have a thing to worry about.

I have seen the Purple mattress advertising......curious what you think of it and compared to what previously.

I have seen the Purple mattress advertising......curious what you think of it and compared to what previously.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Gary. I like the idea of slippery tiles on the board. Great idea! We used a tempurpedic prior to this. It was comfortable enough, but it made us too hot. That’s when we lived in Hawaii. We left it behind when we moved a couple of years ago. The Purple is just perfect for us. They have different levels of firmness to fit different needs. Thankfully my hubby and I both have the same need. We’re planning to move it into the trailer today. I’m sure that will be quite a project! I think I’ll suggest the slippery tiles first. Thanks for the tip.