Quick fix (probably)

pharmafrog

Or easy to diagnose. Raised my jacks to hitch, moved the RV and one too unhitch, nothing. I can hear the motor on the power unit clicking, but it is not operating. This is the same whether on battery or the genny. I also have had the issue where the jacks stop until the auto reset breaker kicks back over and then they work again for a couple of seconds and then the breaker trips back, etc..etc..etc.. This time I am not getting a clicking at the breaker, but on the motor on top of the reservoir. I am stuck sitting on a bottle jack until I get this figured out. I have a multimeter if someone can help me diagnose and troubleshoot.

Thanks.

danemayer

The hydraulics pump needs a lot of stored power in the battery and good conductivity and connections between battery and pump motor.

With no shore power or generator or tow vehicle connection, cycle the auto levelup to see the DC voltage of the battery. If less than 12.5V, the battery is likely not charging. The most common cause of this is the manual reset 12V DC mini-circuit breaker (not the one for the hydraulics) being tripped. Look for the row of breakers. Two of them have thick wires. One of those is for the hydraulics. The other is between the Power Converter and battery. When it trips, generator/shore power output of the Power Converter doesn't get to the battery, and battery power doesn't get to the fuse box for interior lights.

A quick way to tell if the breaker is tripped is to see if any of the interior lights work (with no generator or shore power, or other power source). If no lights, and the battery is less than 12.5V, look for the teeeeeeeny tiny reset button. Once reset, with generator running, the levelup panel should show >13V. Let it charge for 20-30 minutes.

If none of that helps, take a look at our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic guide.

Buss Bar Example Notated.jpgcircuit breaker reset.jpg

david-steph2018

Or easy to diagnose. Raised my jacks to hitch, moved the RV and one too unhitch, nothing. I can hear the motor on the power unit clicking, but it is not operating. This is the same whether on battery or the genny. I also have had the issue where the jacks stop until the auto reset breaker kicks back over and then they work again for a couple of seconds and then the breaker trips back, etc..etc..etc.. This time I am not getting a clicking at the breaker, but on the motor on top of the reservoir. I am stuck sitting on a bottle jack until I get this figured out. I have a multimeter if someone can help me diagnose and troubleshoot.

Thanks.
Check your batteries first, make sure they are good.

Niles

Sometimes the wire connections are loose from our smooth road systems. Just a little wiggle will give you a works some, sometimes it don't. Good luck in finding the issue.

hoefler

If the batteries are original, most likley they are toast. Have them load tested, or just replace them, they are 5+ years old