Rare Review Bighorn after 1 year

CDN

B and B
Hello all,

On our first week out this year with the Bighorn. I see many threads on poor QC, build issues and problems. Not to jump on someone else's thread on how the trailer is or isn't I thought i would start my own.

The Issues.
Trim piece for slide fascia that is warped, several mis-tries to get the correct finish, have 6 pieces shipped with wrong finish after supplying pictures and paint codes i will try one final time. Becoming less of an issue now.
One door was the wrong design, received the correct door after second try.
Livingroom slide not sitting flush, dealer spent 10 minutes and it was adjusted.

Thats it!

Now there are always issues with a rolling house on wheels and I have just spent some time looking after these things;

-renailed some trim with the pin nailer, many different spots, just picky on my part mostly
-realigned some cupboard doors
-reattached the gimp at the front top rail, freezing weather shrunk it and pulled away, caulked the joint
-kitchen slide top trim at roof pulled away, reattached and sealed
-slicker tape that allows the seals from catching on top of the slide screws, re-glued and stuck it down, was pealing

All of these things are just maintenance in my mind, need to look after stuff. Like cleaning the cache on a computer or aligning a broadcast transmitter.

Prior to leaving this year I did annual maintenance too. We have 3000 miles on a year and I just used ez-lube on the bearings, if we travelled further I would tear them down and repack. There was ample clean grease coming out when I pumped in. Did torque check on axles and wheels and Reese sidewinder pinbox. Usual air pressure checks, tighten facet pet connections etc.

Mods
I have done lots of things to personalize my experience, not needed but make it nicer.

Over all 14 months out nothing warranted a dealer visit overnight and the slide adjustment I dropped in while going camping
Compared to SOB previously nothing like slides that refused to work day 1 onwards and axles bottoming out on the fifth wheel.

I am happy, kilometres may vary, nothing implied here but my own experience, my dealer (only one in Ontario) is a tad crusty but looks after us.

Brian

Garypowell

Always great to hear the good news. We are into our 6th year with our Bighorn with no major complaints!

both A/C’s have gone out...but they were both paid by extended warranty.....so we have actually made money on the deal.

dewwood

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your Bighorn. Sounds like you are into your camping season already. We went around the north side of Lake Superior last fall, what a beautiful drive.