RCA jacks next to main tv on 2016 4200?

Sowie

Hi all. I have read a lot of discussion about the various coax cables in the udc however I was not able to find any info about what the rca Y/R/W cables that plug into the wall to the left of my main living room tv. The blue ray player has the same plugs but when I unplug the hdmi cable I would think you could get a signal from the rca cables but to no avail. When I looked closer at the issue I found out that the “RCA” brand blue ray player the Y “video” is an output and the R/W “audio” are inputs. Makes even less sense now. Has anyone had any luck figuring this one out?

Fyi I did figure out the garage tv rca cables work with the radio/dvd player which also feeds the patio tv but the rca plugs in the main living area are a mystery. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Sowie,

Seems odd for a BlulRay player to have audio inputs. Are they labeled that way on the device?

In your cabinet, a Y/R/W set of RCA connectors could have a cable attached to the backside, going to the TV. That would give you a place to plug in a VCR, or game console, or other device that uses AVI output.

Sowie

Hi Sowie,

Seems odd for a BlulRay player to have audio inputs. Are they labeled that way on the device?

In your cabinet, a Y/R/W set of RCA connectors could have a cable attached to the backside, going to the TV. That would give you a place to plug in a VCR, or game console, or other device that uses AVI output.

I agree. The only thing I can reason is they use the blue ray player as kind of a cheap home theater system as it has speakers that are part of the system and maybe it allows the tv sound to be played through the surround sound system. The video jack on both the back and the manual says output but not sure where it is outputting it to. I guess the tv but when component is selected I get no picture.

The wall mounted rca jacks have wires plugged into it from the tv. I assume they go behind the wall and into the cabinet where the blue ray is and are plugged into it.

I think I am answering my own question as to the audio cables but the video out from the blue ray to the tv doesn’t make sense as it has a hdmi.

Funny how this all started with me trying to get my new Wally dish box and tailgater satellite hooked up. With my old box it had a coax out that I could feed back to the cable in from outside and watch the same thing on all of the tv’s. They did away with it on the new box and only have hdmi and rca outputs. Now I’m looking at getting an adapter to go from rca back to coax to feed the other tv’s. I think there is a way to do it with one of the three coax coming out of the wall next to the main tv. Tracing the wires with my wire tracer is only partially successful as I think some of the splitters block the signal. Nothing is easy with Rv wiring!