re-hauling bathroom, I'm looking for insight from the community

myla296

Hi, thanks for reading this...here's my progress and questions, I'm hoping that some of you may be able to offer insight or other options I didn't consider (this is a 2010 Road Warrior). I would ask these of a contractor but RV life is very different than standard homes so...:

1. I'm removing sink components, replace with tall cabinet to hang long clothing items and moto racing suits. I'll keep the outlet that is in the sink cabinet now and utilize in that closet.
Question: have any of you utilized a sink in-line with the shower supply, with the faucet up higher and draining into dentist-sized sink (with shower head in-line)?

2. Flooring will be pulled up to replace with lighter colored floor using peel and stick tiles
Question: Anybody trying herring bone pattern? I've read it can help with small bathrooms

3. Wall papering walls with "spa" wall paper that is much more attractive (mostly white with some green touches
Question: Anybody wallpaper on top of the vinyl? The current wall paper is secure so hanging on that SHOULD work..in theory...

4. Replacing shower with lightweight option such as metal -oblong or round- trough/tank (not to use as a bath, just to be tall enough to provide gap distance with shower curtain to prevent water spray). Since I'm removing the sink anyway, I'm considering turning the shower area so that the trough runs along the exterior wall, if I use oblong. I would use the original shower plumbing but utilize the sink drain (the original shower also had the drain away from the fixtures). If round, same corner and same drain.
Question: My issue is the shower head needing to extend over the shower area to be within the shower curtain protection...my skylight is really just a dome at this point (it's painted with sealant on the outside), I may use that area to attach the new shower handle to be able to still lower as hand held but nervous about drilling through the dome or utilizing it at all and having something pull and breaking it. Is there an epoxy that is strong enough to attach to a smooth surface like that, to bear weight of the shower head and removal of it...and placement after utilizing?
Problem: I'm losing the height advantage the the skylight provided for taller users by extending the shower head into the skylight. :(

That's all I can think of now, thanks for any insight and what not! (I've been toying with this idea for over a year but then I was living in it, and then I got sidetracked...glad to finally be doing it...resale is only a tiny consideration that I'm keeping but, it is a reality however this is an improvement since it is the type of RV a couple would likely use together and so a nice bathroom would be a plus)

This is an example of what the bathroom looks like (except I already took out the shower in mine :)
Screen%20Shot%202017-01-30%20at%209.13.38%20AM_zpsb75bqpm0.png

myla296

Well, I've got it apart and am getting a better vision of what to do. Here's the bathroom currently :) . (which the computer decided to flip sideways)

File Feb 02, 10 05 46 PM.jpg

myla296

Well, I'm starting to make headway...here is the floor (I wound up moving the tile at the toilet up more though to change the stagger effect...I'm spacing it every 8"...I was going to do herringbone but the floor is too small to really appreciate the effect :) (the image is sideways again for some reason...ugh...sorry!)

File Feb 09, 10 02 22 PM.jpg