Rear Black Tank Material

Thunderbolt

I have a 2018 Cyclone Model 4005 in which the rear black tank has started leaking. Since black tanks are made of many different materials, I need to know what the tank is made of to make repairs. The leak is somewhere under the corlpast underbelly. The water runs down the pipe then drips off onto the floor. I know I am going to have to cut an "access hatch" to get to the tank connections. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I called Heartland and they referred me to Ameri-Kart who made the tank. I called Ameri-Kart and they said leave a message.

centerline

the tanks can be made of different materials, but I will bet that its HDPE, as its the most common material for the purpose these days..... very weldable, if its split....

Thunderbolt

After speaking to Heartland Tech Services, I found the rear black tank on our 2018 Cyclone 4005 is made by Ameri-Kart, and is a model H865. Looking that up, I found it is made of polyethylene. I am going to cut an access hatch in the cloroplast to get to the tank and piping. I purchased a 1 X 4 which I will plane down to 1/2 inch thick to reduce the weight. I also ordered a plastic welding kit and polyethylene welding rods. I will keep you all updated as this repair goes along.