Rear Stabbilizer Jacks on Bighorn

'Lil Guy'

Ordered my new rig with auto level up and there aren't any rear stabilizers like I've seen on others. I ordered 2 scissor jacks for the rear. Noticed 2 4" channels protruding in the rear. Were they there for the electric stabilizers? I'm looking to attach these 2 jacks in that location. Any thoughts and thanks in advance?

Last edited by a moderator:

weekender01

You should have a 6 point auto level system which will be 2 front jacks, 2 more jacks just in front of the tires and 2 more behind the tires. Trust me that you will not need any other stabilizers as the 6 point is rock solid once it gets leveled. Our neighbors have this system on their Bighorn and love it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Frank, these rigs no longer come with the rear stabilizers when you have the 6 point Level Up.
I have the Level Up along with the electric stabilizers.
Your addition of rear stabs will help some.
Oh, and those rear brackets are, or used to be, for the installation of a rear hitch.

Peace
Dave

'Lil Guy'

I have the 6 pt level up system from the factory. I was just looking at the distance from the back jacks behind the tires and I noticed the pads in back. Just looked like a place to add the scissor jacks for overkill. Since I don't want the rear receiver, these pads look like the perfect site for the jacks. About 8 feet of separation between them. Certainly couldn't hurt to have them at the rear of the rig whether needed or not. Just my thought.

danemayer

Frank,

The older 4 point auto-leveling system had the stabilizers in back but they were not attached to the brackets used by the receiver hitch. As Terry mentioned, he has aftermarket stabilizers in addition to his 6 point system.